• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shotgun/Rifle Racks

In my vehicle, I have a shotgun/rifle rack:

• ..that stays occupied 24/7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ..that i only use for camping

• ..I keep 'em on the backseat

• ..that is occupied, until i park for the night

• ..I do not have a gun rack in my vehicle

• ..I would never want to own something like that

• Total voters

thx997303

imported post

Just for the record, all of my little encounters have turned out in a positive way.

And thoughtpolice, you sure assume a lot about me. I'm sure that if you were to know a little of my family history, you might understand the wierd relationship myself and the Lehi PD have.

Of course, I wont be getting into that, it's not the kind of stuff that should be aired on such a public venue.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:

You want me to "honor" your "requests" and yet you question when I give you an honest answer? Which is offensive to me. I have gone back and edited many of my posts in the past, but not because Charles was offended. I would say this to your face and I do write many of my posts to see if those on this board merely SAY one thing and do another, or have integrity and hold by it. Believe as you wish, like I say, I couldnt care less. Will you honor my request to take me at my word?

EDIT, this is pretty stupid, Im just gonna drop it and if I have something to say it will be ontopic. If you feel the need to PM me to resolve this, feel free.
Nope. I will not honor your request to just take you at your word. Not when the evidence seems to be strongly the other way. I don't do that when someone makes a point a law, I see no reason to do it here.

But I will do my best to avoid making accusations against you.

I will ask you again, politely, to change your tactics so that your future posts don't need to be edited. AND to go edit your past posts so that anyone looking for such fodder at least has to go to the google archives rather than pulling such things directly from here.

There is no point in deliberately provoking people, and even if there is, anyone who knows anything about psychologocy can certainly find better ways to do so than with the language and tactics you've been using and provoking others to use as well.

What YOU type on this board reflects on gun owners every bit as much as what THX or Protected or SgtJensen or others might do walking around their neighborhood OCing.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
Like I told Charles, this is stupid. If you feel I need more explanation, you can PM me.
No. I think I will keep my civil requests to you very public. You are certainly not the least bit bashful about being rude, boorish, vulgar, profane, and otherwise offensive in full public view on this forumn, or in making numerous off topic posts when it suites you.

So I think there is no good reason to go running for the cover of PM when someone makes a civil, polite request to honor and respect the basic rules of the forum regarding personal attacks, and the use of profanity/vulgarity.

I've simply avoided posting on several threads because they so quickly degrade into insult matches between you and others. And with rare exception, YOU are present in most all of such matches. But I've realized that silence is essentially assent, so from now on I will try to make at least one post reminding us all that this is a publicly accessible forum and our words here reflect on OC and gun owners.

Charles