• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC on Ghost Hunters?

FogRider

imported post

Right now on Ghost Hunters (SciFi channel), they are in Astor Mansion, and one of the members is wearing a shoulder holster for something. I can't tell if it's a sidearm because the camera guys are doing a really good job of keeping it hidden (you can see the straps, but the holster itself is under his left arm). Anyone see this, and could maybe identify the rig? I can't say for certain it's a gun, but I can't think of anything else you'd wear in a shoulder holster.

POORBOY

imported post

the boogy man might get me lol.

i dunno really i cant watch a scary movie either. I'm SENSITIVE :what:
its just creepy to hear all those noises and see those shadows. i need my girlfriend to hold me when i do watch it

FogRider

imported post

Ah, well don't worry about it then. They make an effort to hype it up but by the end of the show it all turns out to be nothing. I think the closest they've gotten to saying something is haunted is "maybe, leaning towards no".

NightOwl

imported post

No, they've found several places to be haunted, I think the Weston State Hospital was one of the more active places (first time they visited, 2nd was pretty quiet). There was also a home in particular that had things moving around, but I can't recall the episode to direct someone to it..part of it is in this clip though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2oTGk8jvuw Looks like a compilation of a few different incidents.

I've thought that they were a bit nutty to be overnighting it in some of these places with no firearms-never know who you might find. Do you have an episode name or link so I can look it up and see if they're OC? Perhaps a new ad for 'em..."if they're ghosts, we hunt 'em, if they're not...I carry this (cut to image of firearm)."

Overtaxed

imported post

I'm visiting Waverly Hills next Friday... combining that with a trip to the Knob Creek Shoot!

NightOwl

imported post

Details man, details! You're killin me! Not even a hint of which investigator it was...clothing, how far into the episode, name...anything! I'm trying to peer into people's jackets, wishing they'd unzip their sweaters a little bit more, going bonkers. I've watched the entire thing, and had no luck spotting anything. Closest I saw was Ami Brunii with some stuff under her arm, didn't spot a holster on anyone.

This is where I found a very handy series of clips adding up to the whole episode (they're youtube links, but they're neatly displayed, covering the episode in it's entirety. http://alienufoparanormalcasebook.blogspot.com/2009/03/videos-ghost-hunters-wharton-estate-in.html

FogRider

imported post

My bad, I told you the wrong episode. The one I'm talking about must have been a rerun (I know I watched it on the 25th), and there must have been a new one on after (Edith Wharton Estate episode).

Ok, the right one is the Astor Mansion episode. In the video on this page, it's the guy driving the van at about 3:00. Yellow shirt, brown ballcap, shoulder holster.

http://www.unexplainedreality.com/view-video/451/ghost-hunters-astor-mansion-pt.-1.html

NightOwl

imported post

I think you're absolutely right. I'd never have thought to see that on Ghost Hunters, right on! I think the part I liked the most was that they didn't make a production of it, just very casual and accepted.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Some other maybe better views from about 4:13-4:28 and 8:10-8:20. I can't tell what he is carrying. Looks like maybe he's a lefty with a dual mag pouch on the right side. Would he be carrying anything besides a firearm in a shoulder holster?

T Vance

imported post

Overtaxed wrote:
I'm visiting Waverly Hills next Friday... combining that with a trip to the Knob Creek Shoot!
How did your Waverly Hills visit go? Did you do the overnight tour? I went there a few years ago and saw something I could not explain. That place is so cool!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Tombstone, AZis haunted in places... seriously. :what:

Maybe it was a water pistol?Whatelse would yashoot a ghost with 'ceptHoly Water?

Overtaxed

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Overtaxed wrote:
How did your Waverly Hills visit go? Did you do the overnight tour? I went there a few years ago and saw something I could not explain. That place is so cool!

I went on the two-hour tour. I would have *liked* an overnight, but I didn't have time (Knob Creek was the next day), and I also don't have good late-night endurance (I hit a brick wall of tiredness about 9:30 - 10:30 pm or so.)
Nothing strange happened to me personally, even when I volunteered to walk down the hallway so the "shadow people" could be seen moving around me. People claimed they saw them - I neither saw nor felt anything, but on the "skeptical" side of things, the lighting conditions were perfect in that corridor for imaginary shadows to start springing up.

Someone in my group took some photos in the "body chute" and one or two of those shots had those odd white streaks of light that are common to alleged ghost pics. I neither saw nor felt anything weird in there.

The tour was led by a lively, competent and assertive guide, plus some "security" people to keep us corralled.
I think that helped dispel the spookiness of the place - truth be told, I've felt more creeped out by myself down in the abandoned floors of a company I used to work at.
It also didn't help that there was way too much talking in the group, plus excessive use of flash photography and flashlights, which was frustrating - every time I felt that my pupils were adapting, an errant camera flash or swing of a torch ruined my low-light vision.

They took up the first 30 mins out of two hours with a mandatory compilation film - some archival footage of Waverly, plus some edited together ghost hunting stuff - Ghost Hunters, plus some goofy MTV thing. The Ghost Hunters segment was cool because their cameras seemed to capture a piece of tile materialize on the left hand side, fly straight across a hallway, and dematerialize.

The goofy MTV thing had an interesting scene - one of the starlets, followed by a camera, walks past a mortuary slab. A second later (no apparent edit), they hear a loud grating sound, and walked back to the slab which appeared to have been violently pulled out.

Our group walked past the same place, and the tour guide pulled on the same slab depicted in the film - it was clear that it was taking a tremendous amount of effort to pull it even an inch or two.

All told, I'm glad I went. Knob Creek is one of those "I've wanted to do it for most of my life" kind of things, as is "tour a place that's supposed to be haunted." It was great to do both within a short distance and time frame of one another.

The strangest thing to happen to me was at my hotel, the Seelbach Hilton in downtown Louisville. I chose that place by googling "haunted hotel in Louisville." The morning I was supposed to leave, my cell phone alarm unexpectedly woke me up at 3:30am or so. I was freaked out, until my sleep-addled brain realized it was already Monday (It didn't go off on Sat or Sun because it has a "weekday only" setting). After calming down, I turned off the bedside lamp, and went back into bed. After closing my eyes, I heard the sound of fabric sliding against fabric. After a moment or two of wondering what it could have been, I turned the lamp back on and saw that the duster has fallen off the bed. Not remembering its default position, I called housekeeping, and they showed me how it's supposed to be laid out. He and I tried to figure out how it could have fallen away - we could not reproduce either the distance, symmetry or sound with which this item had come away. Fully clothed, I tried several times to do a "toe poke" and see if I could make the thing slide off. I couldn't.

I'm not saying that I encountered a ghost or that a supernatural force was playing Martha Stewart with the bedding. But it was definitely one of the oddest things that has happened to me while sleeping anywhere.

SO... tell me more about what happened to you?? :)

carracer

imported post

Hmmm.... trying to think of a Ghost Buster weapon that I might own. Can't think of any. I am prepared for werewolves though with my Winchester Silver Tips!

Ghost Cat! That's what happened to me. About 35 years ago myparents cat had a litter of kittens and all but one died within a week. The survivor I nursed along for about 30 days until it finally died. I would feed it by hand and let it sleep on my bed at night. After it died it would still walk on my bed at night. Even several years later coming home from college I would have the ghost cat walking on my bed. My parents got other cats thru the years and none of them would go into my old room.

Huck

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Tombstone, AZis haunted in places... seriously. :what:

Maybe it was a water pistol?Whatelse would yashoot a ghost with 'ceptHoly Water?
I visited Tombstone 3 years ago and folks there told me that the old Brunckow Cabin is a prettyspooky place to visit, even in daytime.