Thread: Hello, new to the site & the idea of OCing

Post imported post

Well, like the subject states,
    I'm new to the site and also the idea of OCing.

Thus far I have learned a great deal here
    and I anticipate on learning much more.

I agree on many of the things that Dave in MI said in his
    introduction post in this forum and could not
    have said it any better than he did.

Since I've joined here, I have informed
    my shooting buddies of the ability
    to open carry and also e-mailed them the "info" document.

I look forward to reading everyone's
    experiences and sharing my own.

Cheers.

Post imported post

Hey, thanks for the kind words. They are very much appreciated. I'm new to the forum but I suppose I can still welcome you, right?

So welcome to the forum!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Welcome and be sure to learn all you can before you OC without a CPL.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO, Kid!!!!!

Did you find yet the forum rule where new guys are required to send ammo gift certificates to all the members of the Founders Club?

Its there on page 2 of the forum rules. Really.

There is no page 2 of the forum rules? Huh. That's strange. Well it must be a server problem. It was there just this morning. You can take our word for it. Really.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I need .40 S&W, 7.62 x 39, .308 Win any and all .22 rimfire

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    Hey! Get outa here. I'm workin this side of the street.

Plus, you're not a Founders Club member.

Now, go away. You're botherin me.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Definitely.

I've read for at least a combined 4 hours
    on this site through old posts, law, etc.

All this before signing up and posting.

Thus far it's been great.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

kidaquarius wrote:
    Venator wrote:
    Definitely.

I've read for at least a combined 4 hours
    on this site through old posts, law, etc.

All this before signing up and posting.

Thus far it's been great.
    Have you checked out the stuff related to 4th and 5th Amendment rights? Ultra important stuff. And voice-recorders.

Here are two videos. One on 4th Amend. One on 5th Amend. About 40-45 minutes each.

They are important because in the event you get hassled over OC by a cop, it will be your 4th and 5th Amendment rights that he is going to violate or push on. Definitely need to know these.

Also, they're very handy to know for discussion on this forum. Save links to each in your Favorites menu.

Busted by FlexYourRights.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Talking to Police by Prof. James Duane of Regent University Law School:

http://www.regent.edu/admin/media/schlaw/LawPreview/

I don't know if voice-recorders are legal in MI. You'll want to hunt around the sub-forum.

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    I could use some more x39 too. That's the one caliber I don't like shooting much anymore, because it's the only centerfire round I have that I don't reload for, and everybody wants it these days. :?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Welcome Kid: You have found one of the most informative sites for the open carry movement in Mich... You have already completed the first rule...read....read...and read some more. And if you don't happen to find your answer, just ask and someone will find you an answer.

Oh and watch out for some of these guys, they have their own agenda (like freeby's from a newbee). I am the only one.... who has your interest in mind....can find anything....never wrong...and of course I would never LIE about anything.:P

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO David & Kid.