• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Free SOG knife

Dustin

imported post

Yea got mine in the mail today.

14tlp93.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Yep, got my half of a knife today too.

I know it sounds like I'm ungrateful, but I'm ungrateful. :(

My house key is bigger and no I won't be putting it on my key ring - what a terrible suggestion. That would only get me in trouble at courthouses and when flying.

SOG you've really taken advantage of a lot of us - see if I don't opt out of your advertising emails.

Yata hey

hp-hobo

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey

But it's so... Cute. :shock:

When I pulled the envelope out of the mailbox, I thought it was empty. After opening it and finding there really was a "knife" down there, I almost wish it was. I guess it's true. You really do get what you pay for.

Wonder what I can get for it on eBay?

Decoligny

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

My house key is bigger and no I won't be putting it on my key ring - what a terrible suggestion. That would only get me in trouble at courthouses and when flying.

SOG you've really taken advantage of a lot of us - see if I don't opt out of your advertising emails.

Yata hey
It is probably small enough that nobody would notice, and if they did confiscate it, what have you lost? Nothing.

TehGruu

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
LOL @ "half a knife!" I don't feel so bad that I missed the promotion now...:uhoh:

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Yeah I got it and kinda went.....wow, a letter opener. And they say this knife is worth HOW much? I will never be buying anything from SOG, that's for sure.
Ditto on that. I opened the envelope from SOG and at first I was like :?,and then I was like :(, and now I'm like :lol:.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

OC-Glock19 wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Yeah I got it and kinda went.....wow, a letter opener. And they say this knife is worth HOW much? I will never be buying anything from SOG, that's for sure.
Ditto on that. I opened the envelope from SOG and at first I was like :?,and then I was like :(, and now I'm like :lol:.
But did you get kissed? :)

Yata hey

Dustin

imported post

Originally Posted by Born4spd
HEY EVERYBODY IMPORTANT.

If your prize Number is one of these:

4i1265
86SK12
XD66X0
7XL5BB
AE1L8D
L31H7S
7TR0K8
LF60BM
5R5923
0AGFGS
ZO8F4O
1C6iP6
O9167R
ORBR72
VN64ZB
16761Q
GGN64O
62D811
Q6E980
JG2MLU
622YDV
303EX7
3E0Z73
CR25HW
U20J7V

You win a free trident 2.0 ( a 200 dollar knife.)

Dont throw away the paperwork its on your signed paper.

What would you guys do without me
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

49003041.jpg

Decoligny

imported post

Just got my little razor blade in the mail today.

I will say one thing, it is a sharp little knife. Took hair off my arm right out of the box. Too many knife companies send out dull knives.

It is now on my keyring, can never carry too many knives.

Dustin

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Just got my little razor blade in the mail today.

I will say one thing, it is a sharp little knife. Took hair off my arm right out of the box. Too many knife companies send out dull knives.

It is now on my keyring, can never carry too many knives.

Ever owned a Carbon Steel CASE?

They ship that dude RAZOR sharp.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Bill in VA wrote:
snip................
what I can't figure out is how both letters (each sent to a different address (two towns)and name (mine and wife's)) have the same prize number and claim number.

I'll run home at lunch and grab the letters and post the numbers...I'm curious if everybody got the same prize number.
They have a list of winning individual numbers.

It makes no difference if all of the rest of the letters have the same number or not - they are still losers. :?

If they really wanted to give the real knives away they could have done so without playing the numbers game.

Most if any will probably not be given away any how. Letters will be thrown away or whatever. Its like $1.00 of coupons that don't cost the manufacturer a dollar each because most aren't redeemed.

Yata hey

Erus

imported post

Got mine yesterday too.
Both my wife and 15 year old daughter thought it was "cute".

No, they can't have it, even if it is a girlie-knife...

But it was free, save for five minutes of my time, and it might come in handy for shaving mice or something someday. ;)

(and truth be told, although micro-tiny.. it seems like a well made little thing, and sharp as any I've ever seen out of the box)

Decoligny

imported post

Erus wrote:
Got mine yesterday too.
Both my wife and 15 year old daughter thought it was "cute".

No, they can't have it, even if it is a girlie-knife...

But it was free, save for five minutes of my time, and it might come in handy for shaving mice or something someday. ;)

(and truth be told, although micro-tiny.. it seems like a well made little thing, and sharp as any I've ever seen out of the box)

It is the absolute most unobtrusive keychain knife I have ever had. Acts just like a key on the ring, lays flat, can't even tell it's on the ring.

Even the smallest swiss army knife wasn't as perfect on a key ring.

My wife wanted it for her purse, but I told her that she would never find it in her purse.

reconvic

imported post

I have a few knifes, besides my Ka-Bar
I think my SOG Trident is great and also the cold Steel Recon and Gunsites and ok even an Sig knife. I only carry one , keep one in my range bag, another in the living room and my Glock Knife between the mattress and box spring on the bed. A bit over kill but they are my last resort to defense.
S/F Vic