• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Bowling Green

fox689

imported post

I am interested in organizing a Meet and Greet for KY Open Carriers at either a park or restaurant in Bowling Green. This will be a social gathering to meet other like minded people, but if anyone wants to call the local papers or tv station to see if there is interest in reporting on it, that will be awesome. I'm not sure if it is considered news that people in KY open carry, but raising public awareness might be nice.

If we go the park route, it would be a potluck style event. This will also give reporters easier access.

If we go the restaurant route, I think that broadcast media would be a bit much, and might cause issues with the managers wherever we chose.

There are no codes or ordinances regulating park areas in Bowling Green before someone asks.

Friends from other states welcome!

45llama

imported post

I couldgo for that barring work schedule. I belive it would be very enjoyable and also could rally people to excercise their right to OC. Please post with suggestion for atime and place for the meeting.

fox689

imported post

Alright, I'll start planning. I'm thinking last week of April/first week of May. Also, I'd like to make this as big as possible. Post to the thread to give me an idea on how many will be showing up.

KBCraig

imported post

While y'all are gathering and OCing, why don't you draft Dr. Rand Paul to run for office? He's got all of his father's principles, plus a big dose of charisma and speaking ability and youthful vigor.

fox689

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
While y'all are gathering and OCing, why don't you draft Dr. Rand Paul to run for office? He's got all of his father's principles, plus a big dose of charisma and speaking ability and youthful vigor.

I'm fulling supporting him if he'll do it. A lot seems to be riding on him thinking that the local party won't support him as long as Bunning decides to run again.

45llama

imported post

As i would really be interested in participating in this meet the dates Iwill be avialable in your time frame are april19,22,23,27,28 and in may 1,2,3,6,7. I am very interested in meeting everyone and having a good time.

fox689

imported post

Ok, looking at the schedule of events in Bowling Green, the only thing planned on May 2nd is a bowling tournament. I'll start scouting out which parks would work best for us just in case more than 10-15 people decide to show up and look into having it posted on the events page for the city and/or the area reserved for us.

chris in va

imported post

Bit of a haul for me being in Louisville, but if something firms up I may be up for it. Might give me an excuse to hop on the Wing. Something like 95 miles from my house.

WillyT

imported post

I live in Edmonton and would be interested in attending. Please post details.

peaceful

imported post

I saw where you were interested in having an open meet here in Bowling Green. Hey man, i think this is a great ideal. There may be a chance our tv station may be interested in reporting it, if not this year, maby next time. They would have to know when and where in time to scheduled for the event for their timeframe.

fox689

imported post

peaceful wrote:
I saw where you were interested in having an open meet here in Bowling Green. Hey man, i think this is a great ideal. There may be a chance our tv station may be interested in reporting it, if not this year, maby next time. They would have to know when and where in time to scheduled for the event for their timeframe.
How much time would you need?

edit: Which station do you represent?

peaceful

imported post

Sorry you mistaken my saying about the tv station. I don't work at the tv station what i meanis i live in Bowling Green and i know a lot of the time they can be contacted, either in person or by telephone. Explain to them about the event and sometimes they will do a live interview or announcement of the event for free. Also the cable tv in Bowling Green has a program called community calendar that do free advertisement on events in the community.

KY-RN-G

imported post

Is there any more information about this, did I miss it? Also, you guys and gals might be interested in something like this http://gunsandgarbage.com/ . I made the trip from BG to Lexington for it. There was a decent turn out but no media coverage.

fox689

imported post

No you didn't miss it. I ended up being unable to organize it due to a new job and training for it getting in the way. As soon as my work schedule becomes solid, I'm still planning on organizing this, unless someone else beats me to it.