• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Any semi-auto" bill (CCW)

varminter22

imported post

BDR-138 (Asm Settelmeyer) was to makes various changes re: firearms.

This bill WAS to be the "fix" to give Nevadans "any semi auto" just like we currently have "any revolver" on CCW permits.

Unfortunately, the bill is DEAD - for reasons unknown to me at this time.

I am very disappointed. We've waited two years for this and now the bill will not even be heard.

Assembly Judiciary Cmte Chairman Bernie Anderson was expected to try to kill the bill, but I do not know if he had anything to do with it or not.

I fully believe that we could have mounted a grass roots campaign to convince him to allow the bill to be heard.

If heard, I believe we could have prevailed and got the bill enacted. After all, in the 2007 legislature even the NSCA supported this measure.

Anyway, I sincerely thank Assemblyman Settelmeyer for making the effort! You too can thank him by emailing him at jsettelmeyer@asm.state.nv.us

We shall endeavor to enact this legislation in the next legislative session!

jfrey123

imported post

Son of a bitch.... Thanks to the senate member who worked with us.

When will our ELECTED officials, elected to REPRESENT THE INTERESTS of the citizens of this state, when will they act in our interests....? :banghead:

calmp9

imported post

Thanks for updating us on this. It's disappointing. Please let us know if you have any details as to what happened.

rpyne

imported post

jfrey123 wrote:
When will our ELECTED officials, elected to REPRESENT THE INTERESTS of the citizens of this state, when will they act in our interests....? :banghead:
When you, the voters, start holding them accountable. Plain and simple, if you want things to change you have to organize and elect representatives who will listen to you.

Get organized and pick one or two of your elected officials at a time to target. Concentrate all your efforts in their districts with Meet the Candidate gatherings, open debates and door to door campaigns. Start NOW to find one or two people who understand the proper role of government and who are willing to run. Don't wait until the candidate filing deadlines to start the campaign. You have almost two years to educate the voters and convince them of the need for change.

It may surprise you how few incumbents you need to unseat before the others start to listen.