Thread: Open carry Independence

Post imported post

I ask a cop yesterday 3/25/09 and he said open carry in Independence was illegal.

Post imported post

That LEO was uneducated and ignorant of the laws he is sworn to uphold,typical of most.....
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

James357 wrote:
    I ask a cop yesterday 3/25/09 and he said open carry in Independence was illegal.
    Never, never ask a LEO whether something is legal or not......unless you just are taking a survey.

Their response is worth exactly what you paid for it and will do you no good if you follow it and find yourself wearing new jewelry about your wrists compliments of another friendly officer.

Do your own research, read the laws and know them, seek council when needed and you are still on your own until after the fact - then stop talking and make your phone call.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.