• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry Independence

James357

imported post

I ask a cop yesterday 3/25/09 and he said open carry in Independence was illegal.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

James357 wrote:
I ask a cop yesterday 3/25/09 and he said open carry in Independence was illegal.
Never, never ask a LEO whether something is legal or not......unless you just are taking a survey.

Their response is worth exactly what you paid for it and will do you no good if you follow it and find yourself wearing new jewelry about your wrists compliments of another friendly officer.

Do your own research, read the laws and know them, seek council when needed and you are still on your own until after the fact - then stop talking and make your phone call.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Yata hey