• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goldberg question

Hawk19

imported post

Reasonably new guy here trying to catch up. I went through all the previous posts and have one question remaining. What ever happened to Mr. Goldberg's pistol and why was it not returned when his case was dimissed by the Judge? Seems to me that if there was no case the pistol should have been returned.

Edward Peruta

imported post

The answer to your question:

Goldberg's father owned the weapon he was carrying, and it was ordered destroyed by the Judge that dismissed the charges.

James Goldberg is now in possession of a valid permit and doing fine.

The State Police Destroyed the weapon in December of 2007, and a claim has been made to the State Claims Commissioner for reimbursment of the costs involved in this illegal confiscation and destruction.

Mr. Goldberg had the right to be notified as the registered owner pror to any destruction, and is the person who filed the claim for reimbursment.

Will let everyone know when the decision is handed down.

Ed Peruta

GoldCoaster

imported post

You know Ed,
That's one thing I never could wrap my mind around was how could the same judge that dimissed the charges turn around and order the firearm destroyed?

Without the original charges being valid any confiscation of property would be the evidence equivalent of fruit of the poisoned tree and therefore no longer needed as evidence of anything like that. What possible judge in his right mind could order that destruction? (or did I answer my own question?)

If I was popped for speeding and got the ticket thrown out does that mean the judge could order my car be destroyed?

The money should come out of the judge's own bank account in my opinion.

Thanks for fighting the good fight.

Edward Peruta

imported post

The judge Raymond Norko violated the trust placed in him by the citizens of Connecticut,and has not been held responsible for his actions.

He is aledged to have said privately to an individual"Losing the gun is the cost of being in my courtroom, I don't return weapons."

He is an arrogant individual who should be ashamed of himself.

I will NEVER stand when he enters a courtroom, because he does not deserve any respect.

The issue of his ordering the weapon destroyed is contained in a complaint currently at the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals in New York.

Another Yahoo judge made a decison that's going to be reviewed.

It's not over yet.