• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On Target Guns & Gunsmithing (Kalamazoo)

Bronson

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
custom.45acp wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
I ended up going down the road to D&R to make my purchase, and saved $30 doing it, too.
The people at D&R, in my opinoin, are much nicer to deal with than the ones at Off Target!

I beg to differ.

The two guys behind the gun counter seemed wholly uninterested in helping me. It took me three tries to get the guy out there to direct me to the right gun.

This mirrors my experience at D&R.

Bronson

mastiff69

imported post

EM87 i already made a impact on there sales,they just don't realize it,

because they did not see me there yesterday, when i left there parking lot,

and did NOT buy the blackhawk drop leg tactical holster for my hk usp 40..

Bronson

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
i already made a impact on there sales,they just don't realize it,

They need to be made aware. We need to send them a copy of the receipt for everything we buy from any other source and make sure they know we didn't buy it from them due to their OC policy.

Bronson

jbone

imported post

Darn shame about On Target, hope they come around. I used to purchase all my shooting needs there in the day, I still stop in when home on leave. Purchased my first new gun there before I Enlisted (a diamondback).

autosurgeon

imported post

They are and have been overpriced for years... If I want a new gun I order it from MC Sports on WestMain their prices are much better and they follow state law in regards to open carry .. I have asked and distributed paperwork there.

EM87

imported post

The MC Sports on W Main is where I bought my Glock. It was $130 less than at On Target. Yes, you read that right. $130 saved by shopping at MC Sports! (And they're a whole lot nicer.)

DanM

imported post

jbone wrote:
I still stop in when home on leave.

I hope it's just to say "hi". Looks like autosurgeon has an alternative where you can spend your money, at a place with better prices AND that respects your open carry right. Now that's a WIN-WIN!

mooseracing

imported post

It's hard for me to shop elsewhere when On Target is one of the very very few local stores that carries such a wide variety of reloading essentials. I can't find buckshot pellets anywhere besides there, unless online. Which I would rather support a local business. Not to mention the 0 and 00 buckshot is about $7-10 dollars cheaper per bag through them than at MidwayUSA or just about any other e-tailer.

But they are sometimes like most stores and will see you coming a mile away if you haven't done your homework or know what you need.

I'm suprised a gun store is open to open carry, it seems 99% that I visit have no problems with it and their employees OC as well.

office888

imported post

I've OC'd to On Target many times, so far, no problems.

One time, I was there for about 30-45min. Had a lengthy discussion with the lady behind the pistol counter about getting into IDPA shooting. Looked at a couple used rifles, bought some cleaning supplies, .45 ACP ammo, and left.

All in all though, no problems.

The older fellow, gray hair, 60s probably...He definitely recognizes me now. Haha.

If you ever see a guy OC'ing a 1911 in a Serpa w/ Fobus Mag Carrier, say hey.

-Richard-

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
didn't i hear that Sheila almost lost her job their for defending OC'ing in the store?

This is true, and had she lost her job, I would have felt terrible, mostly because I was the one who propagated the information regarding OC to her, via my mother.

Bronson

imported post

Was in On Target again today. Had a nice chat with Dick, the thin older guy who works there in the evenings. I brought up open carry and answered his questions and he was really interested. He asked me to bring in some info so he can look at it.

He said he's not that interested inOCing himself but he'd like to learn more about it.

Bronson

office888

imported post

OC'ed on Friday while I picked up some .308 snap-caps for my battle rifle project and a box of Remington 230gr FMJ .45 ACP. FYI, they have a ton of FMJ .45 ACP in stock at the moment. Also got a few 1911 goodies on order. :D

Staff definitely has warmed up to it.

Had a long talk with Sheila (I do believe?) about Open Carry, and IDPA shooting.

-Richard-

RubberArm

imported post

EM87 wrote:
Seems odd to me, considering it's a gun store.

I asked why and was given these reasons:

1) It's private property and the owners don't allow it. (Fine, it's their choice.)

2) They want to keep everyone safer (Makes no sense.)

3) (and I quote) "It's just not a smart thing to do." (He didn't even give me a reason for this opinion, it's just right.) :banghead:

Of course they don't mind concealed weapons. (The difference in safety being... ?)

Infuriating.
Is it posted at the entrance(s)? Or did someone tell you or ask you to leave because you were OC'ing?