• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my experience with a bg

bigz

imported post

it was about 2a.m. i stopped by the car wash to spray my truck off. While sitting in my truck counting change out i noticed a vehicle pulled up then stopped just out of my line of vision. I unsnapped my s&w 357 and kept counting change. A black guy with a grey jacket came walking up, he asked if i had a phone to use. I told him there was a pay phone right around the corner... Then he asked if i had any drugs money and i said no, he then asked about drugs and i told him i had nothing for him at all... He was talking really"gangsta" saying things like "come on man i know you got some money and drugs man." He then suddenly got serious in a very deep voice said i know you got some money... his hand went to his jacket but i drawed first... he broke and ran. I never seen a gun on him but he went for something and i was at a disadvantage of being in the cab of my truck... i wasnt letting him outdraw me. the ironic part of this all was a cop passed by three times and never seen this... he just never looked in that direction... i knowthe leo personally so i called his cell and he came flying up to help... i respect thepolice and what they do.. but this goes to show all the anti's that the police can be right there riding by andcant protect you the wayyou can protect yourself. (sorry for the punctuation and grammer I am nota english major lol)

POORBOY

imported post

think you did good! thats gonna be a touchy one on here. But i say he reached in a coat for an unknown reason??? Good job on the quick draw.

and what the hell are you doin 2 am at a car wash you need to be in bed lmao:lol:

SteveInAshand

imported post

GREAT, Glad 2 C that you are A-OK , Your SA was high and that the scum didn't draw & ready a weapon "before" he walked up and tried to "do you dirty" .

The BG's know a bit about how to walk the line between a stark real and personal threats of strong arm robbery vs asking with a threatening tone, so when a GG = Good Guy like you draws down to a real threat the BG will say " Officer I waz just axing dad dude there if he gotz any change and the dude pulls a gun on ME and threatens ME Yoo shood arezt him not Me,Offisur"

Cops know this deadly game of words well and side with you, unfortunatly so do lawyers and they side with the evil one's.

Men like you are not suceptible to BG's lying tounges and furtive moves, women and anyone with lessor confidence are very suceptible to these scum.

Great Job.

bigz

imported post

POORBOY wrote:
think you did good! thats gonna be a touchy one on here. But i say he reached in a coat for an unknown reason??? Good job on the quick draw.

and what the hell are you doin 2 am at a car wash you need to be in bed lmao:lol:
been mud riding had to clean my truck off.... and touchy or not i wasn gonna let him out draw me especially with him standing at the door and me sitting in my truck like that. Chances are even with a gun he may not of shot but i here to tell you guys about it instead of my wife having to tell people that her husband was trying to do the "politicaly correct" or "legal" thing but he wasn able to get his gun out in time and now he is dead... i think my heat of the moment decision was the right one.

POORBOY

imported post

Agreeed 100% hhmmmm mud riding huh? wish i was there aint nobody to go with round here.

i would like to think if i was in the same spot i would do the same as you. i bet after words you had to take that real deep breath and go wheewwww that was close huh?

bigz

imported post

maybe he will have second thoughts about approaching anyone to rob them or whaever his intentions were.

fullauto223cal

imported post

Speaking of self-defense shootings and police. I overheard a senior officer at my department tell a lady who had just suffered a failed home invasion that he would much rather work a self-defense shooting as there was much less paperwork. Thought that was kinda humorous.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

partyncwby wrote:
Good Job!

There's people out there that call us paranoid because we have the means to defend ourselves, people that know call us prepared.

When those kinds of people meet up with a BG and loose, too bad. It's nature's way of culling the herd. Hard to feel sorry for someone who acts like that and buys the farm.

IanB

imported post

I don't mess around at 2a.m. in the morning.

As soon as I saw the car behind me and became suspicious I would have had my gun out of myholster and sitting on my lap.

Oncethe man approached my vehiclethe gunwould have been in my hand but out of view,ready to swing into action of needed.I would also have told the man right off the bat I didn't have ANYTHING for him and he needs to stay back away from me. End of conversation. No more questions, no more answers. Step the eff back.

POORBOY

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

As soon as I saw the car behind me and became suspicious I would have had my gun out of myholster and sitting on my lap.

Oncethe man approached my vehiclethe gunwould have been in my hand but out of view,ready to swing into action of needed.I would also have told the man right off the bat I didn't have ANYTHING for him and he needs to stay back away from me. End of conversation. No more questions, no more answers. Step the eff back.
ditto

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bigz wrote:
...(sorry for the punctuation and grammer I am nota english major lol)
You don't have to be an English major!

Capitalize the first letter of each sentence, properly capitalize "I" when referring to yourself, use periods instead of "...", and press the "Enter" key every few sentences to break up your post into paragraphs - and VOILA - readable text!!

How about we give it a try...

"It was about 2a.m. I stopped by the car wash to spray my truck off. While sitting in my truck counting change out I noticed a vehicle pulled up then stopped just out of my line of vision.

I unsnapped my S&W .357 and kept counting change. A black guy with a grey jacket came walking up, he asked if I had a phone to use. I told him there was a pay phone right around the corner. Then he asked if I had any drugs money and I said no, he then asked about drugs and I told him I had nothing for him at all.

He was talking really"gangsta" saying things like "Come on man I know you got some money and drugs man." He then suddenly got serious in a very deep voice said I know you got some money. His hand went to his jacket but I drawed (drew) first. He broke and ran.

I never seen a gun on him but he went for something and I was at a disadvantage of being in the cab of my truck. I wasn't letting him outdraw me. The ironic part of this all was a cop passed by three times and never seen this. He just never looked in that direction.

I knowthe LEO personally so I called his cell and he came flying up to help. I respect thepolice and what they do,but this goes to show all the anti's that the police can be right there riding by andcan't protect you the wayyou can protect yourself.

Sorry for the punctuation and grammer I am notan English major lol."

Daddyo

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:

Same here. I've been in similar situations. Both times, when the guy got to the car he found his nose inches away from my stainless .357Mag. I didn't think eyes could get that big, then both times they walked away.

Sorry folks, in this day and age I'm not too friendly at 2am.

usdm419

imported post

This is a typical move pulled by BG's. Growing up in Los Angeles I have had multiple run-ins with low lives asking if I had a cell phone or knew where they could get some weed, etc. Next thing I know I have their gun in my face and they are demanding my wallet and anything else I have. I'm fortunate that the 3 times this has happened I made it out ok.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

entrapment, the only reason you would be covered in mud at 2am is if you just
got back from your "pot farm". That you would be so cheap and not offer him a joint
is so uncool.:banghead::banghead:

But let me guess, since you were not stabbed or shot they would not call out the
drag net and get the guy.

One more Why I carry:
My truck gets dirty and needs washing.:dude:

MamaLiberty

imported post

SteveInAshand wrote:
Men like you are not susceptible to BG's lying tongues and furtive moves, SOME women and anyone with lessor confidence are very susceptible to these scum.
There, fixed it for you! :)

Any such scum pushing his luck with me would be looking down the barrel of a .45. But then, I would never put myself in that position at that time of the night either. I'm not superwoman.

Unfortunately, far too many women ARE terribly at risk because they do not know the first thing about self defense, have no tools for defense, and have been taught to be helpless victims.

The best thing any of you gentlemen can do for your ladies and friends is to help them understand the risk of being unaware of their surroundings. If you can do nothing else but help them learn to be aware, you may well have saved their lives.

SteveInAshand

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
SteveInAshand wrote:
Men like you are not susceptible to BG's lying tongues and furtive moves, SOME women and anyone with lessor confidence are very susceptible to these scum.
There, fixed it for you! :)

Any such scum pushing his luck with me would be looking down the barrel of a .45. But then, I would never put myself in that position at that time of the night either. I'm not superwoman.

Unfortunately, far too many women ARE terribly at risk because they do not know the first thing about self defense, have no tools for defense, and have been taught to be helpless victims.

The best think any of you gentlemen can do for your ladies and friends is to help them understand the risk of being unaware of their surroundings. If you can do nothing else but help them learn to be aware, you may well have saved their lives.
Your outspoken presence M L is a breath of fresh air and needed for women who may feel a bot out of place in a gun and 2A world :)

MamaLiberty

imported post

Thanks, Steve. I spend a lot of time and resources reaching out to women. Even here in Wyoming, there are a lot of women who don't understand self defense - even if they hunt and shoot.

It's a big job. I just wish there were more people to teach them. But we can only do what we can do. :)

JohnnyBlk45

imported post

I went through the same thing but is wasn't with a BG it was with two WG's around 3am in the morning. I just got off of work and was very tired and these two guys started walking over to my car, as they came closer I quickly got out of the car and they noticed that I had a firearm on my hip...no issue after that. That's why I open carry so people can see what they'll get if they act stupid.