• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

my experience with a bg

bigz

imported post

BB62 wrote:
bigz wrote:
...(sorry for the punctuation and grammer I am nota english major lol)
You don't have to be an English major!

Capitalize the first letter of each sentence, properly capitalize "I" when referring to yourself, use periods instead of "...", and press the "Enter" key every few sentences to break up your post into paragraphs - and VOILA - readable text!!

How about we give it a try...

"It was about 2a.m. I stopped by the car wash to spray my truck off. While sitting in my truck counting change out I noticed a vehicle pulled up then stopped just out of my line of vision.

I unsnapped my S&W .357 and kept counting change. A black guy with a grey jacket came walking up, he asked if I had a phone to use. I told him there was a pay phone right around the corner. Then he asked if I had any drugs money and I said no, he then asked about drugs and I told him I had nothing for him at all.

He was talking really"gangsta" saying things like "Come on man I know you got some money and drugs man." He then suddenly got serious in a very deep voice said I know you got some money. His hand went to his jacket but I drawed (drew) first. He broke and ran.

I never seen a gun on him but he went for something and I was at a disadvantage of being in the cab of my truck. I wasn't letting him outdraw me. The ironic part of this all was a cop passed by three times and never seen this. He just never looked in that direction.

I knowthe LEO personally so I called his cell and he came flying up to help. I respect thepolice and what they do,but this goes to show all the anti's that the police can be right there riding by andcan't protect you the wayyou can protect yourself.

Sorry for the punctuation and grammer I am notan English major lol."
thank you so much for the grammar lesson lol

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

bigz wrote:
BB62 wrote:
bigz wrote:

Capitalize the first letter of each sentence, properly capitalize "I" when referring to yourself, use periods instead of "...", and press the "Enter" key every few sentences to break up your post into paragraphs - and VOILA - readable text!!

thank you so much for the grammar lesson lol
Evidently it didn't work... :(

sudden valley gunner

imported post

JohnnyBlk45 wrote:
I went through the same thing but is wasn't with a BG it was with two WG's around 3am in the morning. I just got off of work and was very tired and these two guys started walking over to my car, as they came closer I quickly got out of the car and they noticed that I had a firearm on my hip...no issue after that. That's why I open carry so people can see what they'll get if they act stupid.

BG=Bad guy, not black guy.

WG=?

Good job in deflecting a possible dangerous situation though. Bad guys want easy prey.

M

McX

imported post

Those open door car washes sure seem to be a collection place for the criminals to hang out, and prey on people. We have a few in our town, and they all seem to be in bad parts of town, or isolated.

Streetbikerr6

imported post

BB62 wrote:
bigz wrote:

"It was about 2a.m. I stopped by the car wash to spray my truck off. While sitting in my truck counting change out I noticed a vehicle pulled up then stopped just out of my line of vision.

I unsnapped my S&W .357 and kept counting change. A black guy with a grey jacket came walking up, he asked if I had a phone to use. I told him there was a pay phone right around the corner. Then he asked if I had any drugs money and I said no, he then asked about drugs and I told him I had nothing for him at all.

He was talking really"gangsta" saying things like "Come on man I know you got some money and drugs man." He then suddenly got serious in a very deep voice said I know you got some money. His hand went to his jacket but I drawed (drew) first. He broke and ran.

I never seen a gun on him but he went for something and I was at a disadvantage of being in the cab of my truck. I wasn't letting him outdraw me. The ironic part of this all was a cop passed by three times and never seen(saw) this. He just never looked in that direction.

I knowthe LEO personally so I called his cell and he came flying up to help. I respect thepolice and what they do,but this goes to show all the anti's that the police can be right there riding by andcan't protect you the wayyou can protect yourself.

Sorry for the punctuation and grammer I am notan English major lol."
Well to be picky I could comprehend his entire paragraph with out having to correct him like you did. The only part that makes my eyes want to stick a fork in them is when I see people use the word "seen" when they should have used "saw" which happened a few times above. Though you didn't catch that I noticed? :what: