• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd. Amendment

samaloney2006

imported post

:celebrateI just received an E-mail from USCCA an idea, about the 2nd. Amendment. By July 4th E-mail or as I amgoing to do, snail mail (to arrive by July 4th) to all my Representatives and Senators, State and Federal level (maybe some more) the 2nd. Amendment as it is written. Do not add any comments, no opinions, nothing. They will get the idea. I plan on signing my name, address, E-mail phone numbersetc.

:) Pass this on to all the gun owners you know. Never know,might do some good?

bcp

imported post

You might add this to it:

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

Bruce

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

bcp wrote:
You might add this to it:

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..."

Bruce
colt45ws wrote:
Heck, why stop there? Why not just send the entire Bill of Rights?
That quote is from the Declaration of Independence. And I think we should create a Declaration of Liberty that includes most of the Declaration of Independence modified to reflect moder liberty movements.