Thread: ? about Legal Defense Networks

MOC Charter Member - Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, LLC.

Heard of it? What about other groups like it?
    I'm curious about how much others have thought about how valuable is something like this. Like most people today I do not have the stash of cash to cover the legal bills required to protect myself if something were to happen.

Looking for input.

Post imported post

I don't know much about groups like this, and I am speptical of this company since they demand CPL verification, but it is a topic that has crossed my mind many times. On a similar note, I think a service like that for OCers being falsely prosecuted would be just as useful.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I think I'm going to get liability bonding (insurance) similar to what a bouncer/ independent security firm would get when carrying a firearm.

I'm more comfortable with this over something like that group. It's basically an insurance anyway.

Post imported post

what does it take to get insurnace/bonding? i have been looking to do this so i can be better off providing security for my own company while also taking care of the insurance/legal side too.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

It's actually quite easy. If you have homeowner's/renter's insurance, you already have liability insurance, usually in the amount of $100,000-$300,000, but this generally doesn't cover "Intentional acts," such as self defense.

What you can get from most places is an Umbrella policy, which increases your liability limit to $1 M or even more, and get a self-defense rider for that policy. Some insurance companies cover self-defense automatically in Umbrella Policies, and those that don't cover self-defense usually cost a bit less.

NRA also has some recommendations out there, I believe.