Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: No OC at Costco on 53rd south

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    slc, Utah, USA
    Posts
    24

    Post imported post

    I was at costco for probably 15 min. Before a manager spoke into his walkie talkie "we got him"

    He was totally nice, said guns aren't allowed at costco. I asked if they posted a sign out front becuase I didn't see it. He said "no".

    I was nice back and complied, I was on the way out but asked if he could explain the policy further. It caught him by suprise, which I think translates to a customer complaint. He shrugged and just said that's the deal.

  2. #2
    State Researcher Kevin Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santaquin, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,313

    Post imported post

    After the Salt Lake County GOP Convention last year, TJ and I went to this same Costco to get polish dog and ice cream. We were also approached by the store manager, and advised that Costco had a no firearms policy. (Which is true, it is in the contract when you purchase a membership)

    He allowed us to sit andfinish our food, but he hovered over us while we were eating. If you have a permit, just conceal and they will not know. If you haveno permit,and want to voice your concerns with the company, they will refund your membership in full for any reason if you are not satasfied.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

  3. #3
    Regular Member Utah_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Kearns, Utah, USA
    Posts
    717

    Post imported post

    I spoke with Craig Jamison at costco who would not budge. So I am speaking with The Utah Manager before I cancel my membership.

    Contact Information is

    Craig Jamison 801-290-4200 Murray Location


    Utah Manager is Dave 425-313-8100 ask for the Utah Manager
    Zach
    8014487574
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity"

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    American Fork, Utah, USA
    Posts
    158

    Post imported post

    I regularly OC at the American Fork/Lehi Costco and have never been asked to leave or take my gun to the car. I have not pushed the issue or asked. I will continue to do what I want until they tell me different. Or it could be (as I have been told) I look like a cop and carry a glock (usualy what cops carry) so they do not bother with me. Who knows.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    SGT Jensen wrote:
    After the Salt Lake County GOP Convention last year, TJ and I went to this same Costco to get polish dog and ice cream. We were also approached by the store manager, and advised that Costco had a no firearms policy. (Which is true, it is in the contract when you purchase a membership)

    He allowed us to sit andfinish our food, but he hovered over us while we were eating. If you have a permit, just conceal and they will not know. If you haveno permit,and want to voice your concerns with the company, they will refund your membership in full for any reason if you are not satasfied.
    AHEM i was there too

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    I carry at ALL the other Costcos and am NEVER bother . On the contrary when I was married and my wife and I was at the WVC Costco the MANAGER asked me if I was LEO and I said no. He said that he didn't wether I was or not and said that he was OK thatI carried. I am there ALL the time.

    The 1st day of opening I walked by some WVC Leos that were there checking things out.

    They have a stick up their A** at 53rd



    TJ



    teleknees wrote:
    I was at costco for probably 15 min. Before a manager spoke into his walkie talkie "we got him"

    He was totally nice, said guns aren't allowed at costco. I asked if they posted a sign out front becuase I didn't see it. He said "no".

    I was nice back and complied, I was on the way out but asked if he could explain the policy further. It caught him by suprise, which I think translates to a customer complaint. He shrugged and just said that's the deal.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SLC, Utah, USA
    Posts
    223

    Post imported post

    I wonder if they don't put signs up since that is a pretty good notice to BG's that nobody there has a gun and it would be easy for them to do as they please.... I don't know if this is true, probably isn't, but just a thought.

  8. #8
    State Researcher Kevin Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Santaquin, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,313

    Post imported post

    b1ack5mith wrote:
    SGT Jensen wrote:
    After the Salt Lake County GOP Convention last year, Trav, TJ and I went to this same Costco to get polish dog and ice cream.
    AHEM i was there too
    DOH! There, I fixed it.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    yay!

    what have you been up to kev?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    Well I just went to the Costco in Lehi/American Fork and had a wonderful time while OC'ing. The door/member checker even looked right at my firearm smiled and said welcome to costco. I walked by several people who looked like they might have been in management. I went about my business, then left. They even said come back soon.

    Maybe it's because I have a shaved head, or it's how one 'carries/presents' themselves while carrying.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
    Posts
    800

    Post imported post

    I have OCd mostly in the Orem (when I was at school) and Sandy Costco stores and I have never been approached. Don't think I have ever actually been OCing at the one on 53rd.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •