• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No OC at Costco on 53rd south

teleknees

imported post

I was at costco for probably 15 min. Before a manager spoke into his walkie talkie "we got him"

He was totally nice, said guns aren't allowed at costco. I asked if they posted a sign out front becuase I didn't see it. He said "no".

I was nice back and complied, I was on the way out but asked if he could explain the policy further. It caught him by suprise, which I think translates to a customer complaint. He shrugged and just said that's the deal.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

After the Salt Lake County GOP Convention last year, TJ and I went to this same Costco to get polish dog and ice cream. We were also approached by the store manager, and advised that Costco had a no firearms policy. (Which is true, it is in the contract when you purchase a membership)

He allowed us to sit andfinish our food, but he hovered over us while we were eating. If you have a permit, just conceal and they will not know. If you haveno permit,and want to voice your concerns with the company, they will refund your membership in full for any reason if you are not satasfied.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I spoke with Craig Jamison at costco who would not budge. So I am speaking with The Utah Manager before I cancel my membership.

Contact Information is

Craig Jamison 801-290-4200 Murray Location

Utah Manager is Dave 425-313-8100 ask for the Utah Manager

mazellan819

imported post

I regularly OC at the American Fork/Lehi Costco and have never been asked to leave or take my gun to the car. I have not pushed the issue or asked. I will continue to do what I want until they tell me different. Or it could be (as I have been told) I look like a cop and carry a glock (usualy what cops carry) so they do not bother with me. Who knows.

b1ack5mith

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
After the Salt Lake County GOP Convention last year, TJ and I went to this same Costco to get polish dog and ice cream. We were also approached by the store manager, and advised that Costco had a no firearms policy. (Which is true, it is in the contract when you purchase a membership)

He allowed us to sit andfinish our food, but he hovered over us while we were eating. If you have a permit, just conceal and they will not know. If you haveno permit,and want to voice your concerns with the company, they will refund your membership in full for any reason if you are not satasfied.
AHEM i was there too :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I carry at ALL the other Costcos and am NEVER bother . On the contrary when I was married and my wife and I was at the WVC Costco the MANAGER asked me if I was LEO and I said no. He said that he didn't wether I was or not and said that he was OK thatI carried. I am there ALL the time.

The 1st day of opening I walked by some WVC Leos that were there checking things out.

They have a stick up their A** at 53rd

TJ

teleknees wrote:
I was at costco for probably 15 min. Before a manager spoke into his walkie talkie "we got him"

He was totally nice, said guns aren't allowed at costco. I asked if they posted a sign out front becuase I didn't see it. He said "no".

I was nice back and complied, I was on the way out but asked if he could explain the policy further. It caught him by suprise, which I think translates to a customer complaint. He shrugged and just said that's the deal.

mqondo

imported post

I wonder if they don't put signs up since that is a pretty good notice to BG's that nobody there has a gun and it would be easy for them to do as they please.... I don't know if this is true, probably isn't, but just a thought.

bmeldrum

imported post

Well I just went to the Costco in Lehi/American Fork and had a wonderful time while OC'ing. The door/member checker even looked right at my firearm smiled and said welcome to costco. I walked by several people who looked like they might have been in management. I went about my business, then left. They even said come back soon.

Maybe it's because I have a shaved head, or it's how one 'carries/presents' themselves while carrying.

ScottyT

imported post

I have OCd mostly in the Orem (when I was at school) and Sandy Costco stores and I have never been approached. Don't think I have ever actually been OCing at the one on 53rd.