Thread: Fairfax CHP address change wait time?

Post imported post

I know this is a open carry forum, but I had a question about Fairfaxs CHP address change policy. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes? Minutes? Weeks?

I've tried searching on VSP website, but it's very vague as to how long it would take.

TIA. You guys have a great community and I feel lucky to have found you.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I don't know how long it would take, but thought I'd point out that it is NOT required that you change the address on your CHL. You may if you wish, but need not.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

USDM wrote:
    I know this is a open carry forum, but I had a question about Fairfaxs CHP address change policy. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes? Minutes? Weeks?

I've tried searching on VSP website, but it's very vague as to how long it would take.

+1 to what Tess said. My CHP has an old address listed on it. Given the number of swishy Virginia newspaper reporters who love to publicise the home addresses of CHP holders; I'd suggest you keep the permit as is.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

I understand that you don't HAVE to change the address, but it would be nice to be able to use it as a second form of I.D.

I placeda call to the clerk and left a message. I'll let you guys and gals know once I get a call back.

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    USDM wrote:

+1 to what Tess said. My CHP has an old address listed on it. Given the number of swishy Virginia newspaper reporters who love to publicise the home addresses of CHP holders; I'd suggest you keep the permit as is.
    Very good point.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I cannot speak for Fairfax but I changed the address on my CHP in Spotsylvania County. It took 15 minutes. Granted. the clerk's office wasn't busy since I went around 10AM.
    ---

Post imported post

Hhhmmm... Just got a call back and it looks like a 3 day process.

A single form and my old permit is what they needfrom me.I wonderwhat my options for those3 days are?

Maybe I should just wait for my renewel.

Post imported post

USDM wrote:
    Hhhmmm... Just got a call back and it looks like a 3 day process.

A single form and my old permit is what they needfrom me.I wonderwhat my options for those3 days are?

Maybe I should just wait for my renewel.
    thats what I would do if I was in your spot

Post imported post

USDM wrote:
    I understand that you don't HAVE to change the address, but it would be nice to be able to use it as a second form of I.D.

I placeda call to the clerk and left a message. I'll let you guys and gals know once I get a call back.
    Assuming you intend to use it as a second form of ID to buy a firearm, please consider you may also use:

Your car/truck registration

Fishing license

A personal check

Any utility bill

Military ID

Voter registration card

So long as it has the same addy as your license; you're good to go my friend.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

Since a Military ID doesn't have an address on it, can it still be used? I was under the impression that it couldn't be used for this purpose.