• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairfax CHP address change wait time?

USDM

imported post

I know this is a open carry forum, but I had a question about Fairfaxs CHP address change policy. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes? Minutes? Weeks?

I've tried searching on VSP website, but it's very vague as to how long it would take.

TIA. You guys have a great community and I feel lucky to have found you.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I don't know how long it would take, but thought I'd point out that it is NOT required that you change the address on your CHL. You may if you wish, but need not.

ChinChin

imported post

USDM wrote:
I know this is a open carry forum, but I had a question about Fairfaxs CHP address change policy. Does anyone have an idea how long it takes? Minutes? Weeks?

I've tried searching on VSP website, but it's very vague as to how long it would take.

+1 to what Tess said. My CHP has an old address listed on it. Given the number of swishy Virginia newspaper reporters who love to publicise the home addresses of CHP holders; I'd suggest you keep the permit as is.

USDM

imported post

I understand that you don't HAVE to change the address, but it would be nice to be able to use it as a second form of I.D.

I placeda call to the clerk and left a message. I'll let you guys and gals know once I get a call back.

USDM

imported post

ChinChin wrote:
USDM wrote:

+1 to what Tess said. My CHP has an old address listed on it. Given the number of swishy Virginia newspaper reporters who love to publicise the home addresses of CHP holders; I'd suggest you keep the permit as is.
Very good point. :cuss:

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I cannot speak for Fairfax but I changed the address on my CHP in Spotsylvania County. It took 15 minutes. Granted. the clerk's office wasn't busy since I went around 10AM.

USDM

imported post

Hhhmmm... Just got a call back and it looks like a 3 day process.

A single form and my old permit is what they needfrom me.I wonderwhat my options for those3 days are?

Maybe I should just wait for my renewel.

POORBOY

imported post

USDM wrote:
Hhhmmm... Just got a call back and it looks like a 3 day process.

A single form and my old permit is what they needfrom me.I wonderwhat my options for those3 days are?

Maybe I should just wait for my renewel.
thats what I would do if I was in your spot

ChinChin

imported post

USDM wrote:
I understand that you don't HAVE to change the address, but it would be nice to be able to use it as a second form of I.D.

I placeda call to the clerk and left a message. I'll let you guys and gals know once I get a call back.

Assuming you intend to use it as a second form of ID to buy a firearm, please consider you may also use:

Your car/truck registration

Fishing license

A personal check

Any utility bill

Military ID

Voter registration card

So long as it has the same addy as your license; you're good to go my friend.

TexasNative

imported post

Since a Military ID doesn't have an address on it, can it still be used? I was under the impression that it couldn't be used for this purpose.