Thread: Market Street Wine Shop in Charlottesville is Anti-gun

Post imported post

The Market Street Wine Shop has a no guns sign on their door now, not surprising, they cater to the 'yuppie' culture, but have great selection. Our house would buy most of our cases of beer from them, not any more. Just a heads up in case you shop there and did not notice the sign.

edit* is there any wiki page or something similar to keep a list of no go places in terms of carrying?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

do you have a pic?
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Post imported post

I didn't have a camera but i'll get one next time I'm downtown

Post imported post

Wine Warehouse on the corner of 29 and Hydraulic has never had a problem with my 1911. I'll be sure to avoid Market Street Wine Shop.

I prefer the other side of the mall anyway... Too much money spent at Bang and X Lounge over the years...

Post imported post

scarletwahoo wrote:

edit* is there any wiki page or something similar to keep a list of no go places in terms of carrying?
    The VCDL maintains a gun-unfriendly business page on their website, but it seems like it hasn't been updated in quite some time.

The wiki idea is great.

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    The Market Street Wine Shop is also frequented by what I commonly call the "mall mentality" citizens of Charlottesville and Albemarle County. Just walk over one block and see what happens when you open carry on the brick mall oneevening this spring/summerafter Fridays After Five. I'll bet you that you can't walk from one end of the brick mall to the other without multiple calls going into 911 as fast as they can answer the phone. You're in an anti-gun city. But, so far the cops haven't done anything excessively stupid concerning gun rights. At least not until some rookie comes along and does his/her thing..... I expect them to pull a Norfolk PD three ring circus any day now. I suspect the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because so few people exercise their right to openly carry a firearm in the city or county. I could probably count the "few" on one hand.

And what's really sad is the fact that if the thugs and wannabe gangstas down there attacking and assaulting people on the mall were to see about a dozen people openly carrying firearms, it would probably make the mall a much safer place to be after dark.
    It is a shame a town built around a patriot like TJ is such a anti-freedom cesspool

Post imported post

essayons wrote:
    scarletwahoo wrote:
    The VCDL maintains a gun-unfriendly business page on their website, but it seems like it hasn't been updated in quite some time.

The wiki idea is great.
    The concept is good, but considering the hatred on the other side, I'm not sure a pure Wiki format would be very good. You'd probably need to set it up with a fairly strict membership validation requirement.

But yes, considering the amount of effort to constantly maintain a traditional web page, extra hands working on something like that would be good.

TFred

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    The Market Street Wine Shop is also frequented by what I commonly call the "mall mentality" citizens of Charlottesville and Albemarle County. Just walk over one block and see what happens when you open carry on the brick mall oneevening this spring/summerafter Fridays After Five. I'll bet you that you can't walk from one end of the brick mall to the other without multiple calls going into 911 as fast as they can answer the phone. You're in an anti-gun city. But, so far the cops haven't done anything excessively stupid concerning gun rights. At least not until some rookie comes along and does his/her thing..... I expect them to pull a Norfolk PD three ring circus any day now. I suspect the only reason it hasn't happened yet is because so few people exercise their right to openly carry a firearm in the city or county. I could probably count the "few" on one hand.

And what's really sad is the fact that if the thugs and wannabe gangstas down there attacking and assaulting people on the mall were to see about a dozen people openly carrying firearms, it would probably make the mall a much safer place to be after dark.
    I know where I'm spending my vacation this year :^). UVA is such a big town compared to Blacksburg. Much more sophisticated too.

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    essayons wrote:
    scarletwahoo wrote:

The wiki idea is great.
    The concept is good, but considering the hatred on the other side, I'm not sure a pure Wiki format would be very good. You'd probably need to set it up with a fairly strict membership validation requirement.

But yes, considering the amount of effort to constantly maintain a traditional web page, extra hands working on something like that would be good.

TFred
    I'd be willing to help with something like that.

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    Sheriff wrote:

I know where I'm spending my vacation this year :^). UVA is such a big town compared to Blacksburg. Much more sophisticated too.

That's why I lov it here, I have yet to visit somewhere (in theUS) that I would like to move to. And I carry here every day, only been held at gun point once :P

Post imported post

Sheriff wrote:
    leprechaun117 wrote:
    .......only been held at gun point once :P
    While doing nothing illegal, right?

Once is one time too many.
    Correct. According to an untested AG Opinion I was completely within my rights. UVA police didn't see it the same way.