• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else going to any of the McDonnell for governor rallies tomorrow?

Bulldog1967

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
I will be attending the Annandale firehouse rally tomorrow morning at 10AM.

http://www.bobmcdonnell.com/index.php/kick_offs/

Anyone attending, make sure to wear a GSL button if you have one.
Where does Mr Mcdonnell stand on gun rights? Does he support SB1035 or it's next incarnation?

In his stump speech he sounded VERY pro 2nd Amend.

As to that specific legislation, I'd have to ask the campaign.

bcr229

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
Where does Mr Mcdonnell stand on gun rights? Does he support SB1035 or it's next incarnation?

He blows hot and cold. He voted for one handgun a month in 1989, though has since admitted that was a mistake (mainly because he was losing votes over it).

Also, if you remember from a few years back there was an attempt to declare the restaurant ban unenforceable because there is no specific penalty attached to violating it. Delegate Black asked the AG's office for a ruling(see top of pg 5 at http://www.vcdl.org/defender/Vol8Issue1.pdffor background info). During his campaign McDonnell promised a ruling in exchange for Black's endorsement. You'll note that no ruling has been written.

My take:McDonnell votes and actspro-RKBA only when politically advantageous to do so.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Very disappointed that the Richmond rally is being held in a school = no OC or CC.

Yata hey

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Can people please tell me why your supporting this anti gun rino? On top of being anti gun he's also trying to trump up stuff on the VA state GOP chair.

fairfax1

imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Can people please tell me why your supporting this anti gun rino? On top of being anti gun he's also trying to trump up stuff on the VA state GOP chair.
Because Mcdonnell sucks the least and the thought of Governor Terry McAuliffe makes me want to be sick.

Do you have someone else in mind to vote for that has a chance of winning?

mlands

imported post

Bob McDonnell is still leaps and bounds better on gun rights than Terry McAuliffe. Terry McAuliffe is nothing more than ahuge mouthpieceforleft wing ideology and is to say the least, anti gun all the way.Healready proclaimed in the Washington Post a few months ago that he would do his best to get rid ofpreemption thinking thatlocalities should be allowed to make up their own (anti) gun laws. As far as gun rights, Governor Kaine is very very bad but a"Governor McAuliffe"would be absolute hell.

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kaine just strikes down what comes his way from what I've seen. He may be anti-gun, but he hasn't actively tried to shut down laws that have long been on the books. I may be wrong on this, so don't hold me to it. Though, the last thing we need is a Governor that actively proclaims his support for the repeal of the constitution.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
Kaine just strikes down what comes his way from what I've seen. He may be anti-gun, but he hasn't actively tried to shut down laws that have long been on the books. I may be wrong on this, so don't hold me to it. Though, the last thing we need is a Governor that actively proclaims his support for the repeal of the constitution.
Fortunately it is still the purview of the GA to make and pass statute law. Perhaps we should concentrate our focus there. IMO - the GA has done a reasonably good job but still room for improvement.

Yata hey