• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC in monroe? Question about Info pamphlet format

detroit_fan

imported post

First off, what a great site. Tons of usefull information and lots of friendly folks it seems. I had a couple questions about OC that maybe you can help me with.

I found the info pamphlet but I don't have Microsoft Word so i can only download it as a read only file and can't print it. Does anyone know where i can download another version of the pamphlet, letter to LEO's, and brochures? Maybe in an adobe or wordpad form?

Also, I live in monroe and recently aquired my cpl but have yet to OC here. All I have been able to find about this areais the gettogether a few months back in downtown that seemed to go off without any problems. Any other experiences positive or negative in this area? We seem to have a lot of leo's in this area and i was just wondering how supportive of OC they are in this area. Thanks for any feedback \:)

Jason

SpringerXDacp

imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
First off, what a great site. Tons of usefull information and lots of friendly folks it seems. I had a couple questions about OC that maybe you can help me with.

I found the info pamphlet but I don't have Microsoft Word so i can only download it as a read only file and can't print it. Does anyone know where i can download another version of the pamphlet, letter to LEO's, and brochures? Maybe in an adobe or wordpad form?

Also, I live in monroe and recently aquired my cpl but have yet to OC here. All I have been able to find about this areais the gettogether a few months back in downtown that seemed to go off without any problems. Any other experiences positive or negative in this area? We seem to have a lot of leo's in this area and i was just wondering how supportive of OC they are in this area. Thanks for any feedback :)

Jason

Welcome to OCDO Detroit Fan. You indicated your location but please add your location under your screen name. Click on My Account then click on Profile.

Please review the Michigan Info Thread and the Wash Rinse Repeat Thread. Both are stickied threads at the top of the Michigan page.

Can you open a PDF File? If so, one of us can convert the files to PDF then PM them to you.

Edit: Spelling

detroit_fan

imported post

Welcome to OCDO Detroit Fan. You indicated your location but please add your location under your screen name. Click on My Account then click on Profile.

Please review the Michigan Info Thread and the Wash Rinse Repeat Thread. Both are stickied threads at the top of the Michigan page.

Can you open a PDF File? If so, one of us can convert the files to PDF then PM them to you.

Edit: Spelling

Updated my location

I'll be sure to read the suggested material carefully.

I should be able toopen a pdf version so if someone could pm me one it would be appreciated. Thanks

SpringerXDacp

imported post

detroit_fan wrote:
SNIP

Updated my location

I'll be sure to read the suggested material carefully.

I should be able toopen a pdf version so if someone could pm me one it would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank You.

I tried to convert the files but with running in safe mode I'm unable to do it now. If I have a bit of luck with this computer later on, I will convert them. In the mean time someone else may be able to do it. My computer is messed up for the time being and I have to run in safe mode about 95% of the time. :?

WARCHILD

imported post

Detroit fan: Download the brochure in it's ms word format.
Then go to the file you downloaded it to.... right click on the file and choose "open with" and then click wordpad. It will open right up and you can print and save the file in wordpad format. I had to do the same thing with my laptop (Vista and I didn't have ms word in it).

Sorry,:uhoh: once again I was wrong. Seems to be happening a lot lately...too many irons in the fire I guess.:banghead:
It will open in wordpad but not in the tri-fold format. I was thinking of our old info packet.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Anyone interested in a Microsoft Office style work suite free of charge may want to check out Open Office.org, also. I've been using it for several years now, and it opens all the MS Office documents I've ever needed to, and the price is right.

http://download.openoffice.org/