• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC files for non-profit org. in Michigan

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Yep, looks like it's active. :D

So how is this membership thing going to work?

I suggest we have volunteers (5) from the RTM's be chosen to form an Ad Hoc committee to create by-laws and appoint an acting board. I volunteer to be on the committee, I know Nate said he would do it. We couldjust use the same members from the incorporation committee. Ideas welcome.

Once the board and committee is formed we can start offering memberships. Membership cost and types would be in the by-laws, so until the committee sets the cost etc. I don't know what a yearly membership will cost. I will start a new thread and those that are interested in becoming members of MOC post on it.

This is all new and will take a while to get it going so please be patient.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

As of last tonight we have 5 volunteers for the by-law and appointing a temp. board committee.

SQLtables, Springer XDacp, Jeffsayers,PilotPTK and me.

If anyone has concerns about this committee or any of it's members please PM me with details.

Thanks to those that stepped forward to help.

Also when a "final" draft is done we will have it available for review and comments can be made at that time.