• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NEW Kansas City Area OC map

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

kcocmap.jpg

James357

imported post

Maybe we should have an open carry picnic at say McCoy park in Independence and invite the media? Maybe a lawyer or two??

prophettm

imported post

We're game. Pick a time! I know alot of other OC'ers have talked with us about doing an OC meeting.

James357

imported post

Anytime is fine with me. I'm no good at setting things up like that. I just threw that out there not expecting anyone to respond. I would emagine it would take alot of us as if only a few showed up they would call out the goon squad, surround us and run us out of town. Unless channel 5 was there and then they would go on cam saying how they was there to support us.

wolvertonj

imported post

Eff. 01/23/07 Jackson County ordinance 5534.3 prohibits open carry on county property, including the 22,000 acres of park land, Lake Jacomo, Prarie Lea, and Longview lakes, unlessyou have a concealed firearms permit. Mike Sanders first act as County Executive. He also signed legislation the same day banning stun guns and other personal protection devices within the parks, leaving women defensless on the many trails. His office told me it was because stun guns are a favorite tool of rapist. Maybe instead a bunch of "No Rape Allowed" signs would protect these women since I was apparently unaware that rapist always obey the law.

Babyface816

imported post

New user to here....GREAT MAP! I live in Raytown and KC but spend much of my time in Raytown. I'm working on getting my CCW, but enjoy OC'n, especially in warm weather since i usually wear fitted t-shirts. I happened to run into the chief of police in raytown the other day and started asking him about OC in raytown and if by doing so was in violation of any city ordinances. He told me flat out, absolutely not, so long as I'm not intoxicated or a felon there was no law against it, although he did warn me that by doing this I was subject to be stopped and asked by those who were unaware of legal right to OC.

I also had asked a "seasoned" looking KC leo about OC and he said and I quote "Well its legal, but we are getting shot at all the time these days. So if we see you OC'n, we are gonna stop and draw our guns on you, throw you to the ground, cuff you, then run your ID and serial #'s on your firearm, and thats if you are lucky." Honest to gods truth, this is what he said! And i'm causasian!

James357

imported post

I heard this on the news today: College Park, Georgia

A lone, heroic college student grabs a gun out of his backpack to repel and kill home invaders, saving his friends from rape and murder!

What more do they need?

mmdkyoung123

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA
imported post

Babyface816 wrote:
New user to here....GREAT MAP! I live in Raytown and KC but spend much of my time in Raytown. I'm working on getting my CCW, but enjoy OC'n, especially in warm weather since i usually wear fitted t-shirts. I happened to run into the chief of police in raytown the other day and started asking him about OC in raytown and if by doing so was in violation of any city ordinances. He told me flat out, absolutely not, so long as I'm not intoxicated or a felon there was no law against it, although he did warn me that by doing this I was subject to be stopped and asked by those who were unaware of legal right to OC.

I also had asked a "seasoned" looking KC leo about OC and he said and I quote "Well its legal, but we are getting shot at all the time these days. So if we see you OC'n, we are gonna stop and draw our guns on you, throw you to the ground, cuff you, then run your ID and serial #'s on your firearm, and thats if you are lucky." Honest to gods truth, this is what he said! And i'm causasian!

To which you should have replied. "Wel, that's illegal, and our rights are being violated at all times these days. So if you do that, I am going to record it with a voice recorder, hope that someone has it on a vidoe recorder, hire a lawyer, and sue you for violation of the fourth ammendment among other things. and thats if YOUR lucky....