Thread: First OC today... uneventful,

Post imported post

So I figured it was time to just do it... First stop.... super supplements in federal way, most looks I got was getting out of my car from the peeps sitting outside at starbucks, but that always happens when stepping out of my lamborghini... (just kidding about the car) a few just glanced at my sig 229, all went well as I went getting vitamins with help from an employee he looked at my 229 but that was it.... then Jamba Juice next door, placed my order, paid.... I worried a lil after I had looked at some books on the shelf... both employes had gone into the back... but came back and continued to make my drink. Third stop Office Depot... no probs... no unusual looks...

Put on a jacket as it got cold... so ended my OC for the day... hope to be a lil less nervous next time.... lol...

SP

Post imported post

Well done Sigpacker.

I hope to see you at the BBQ tomorrow. Oddly enough, it gets MUCH easier to OC once you've OC'd in a group to a dinner or lunch and get the feel for how others go about it.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

State Researcher

Post imported post

Indeed, just_a_car is right. The more you do it, and if you get a chance to see how others do it, simply makes OC easier each time.

Post imported post

I've found that it get's easier the more you do it. I've never done it in a group.
    When I first got my piece, I was nervous as hell carrying, even with a CPL, and with a little bit of time, it was ok with my neighbors to carry OC/CC around them, because of the type of apartments we were in. Once I got used to the people being around me being ok with it, I could carry open, and if not open, they always knew I had it on me, and were ok very ok with it. Then after that it was in public I got a little nervous, but not enough to bother me.

I'm a relatively new OCer, and one that still CCs most of the time for certain reasons, but I've come to realize, or at least think, that it's something that you gotta work your way into. You may be nervous at first, but after a little while, you'll get that people aren't scared of you.

Post imported post

It gets easier, it gets more comfortable. Be confident, be polite, memorize some RCW if that helps.

It's been nearly a year for me, and I've not had any real problems at all. For all the talk of 'you'll create a panic; you'll make gun owners look like crazies'. I've seen no evidence of that whatsoever, and I live in Ballard, where every other car is a VW or Subaru with Obama/Biden stickers. Another stereotype debunked.

Only issue I've really had was a Washington Ferry employee telling me it was illegal to have a weapon on board. I politely disagreed, and he eventually went and checked on it. That was that. Another employee approached me saying 'Is that for real?! I could carry openly all over the place?'. Yeah, mostly.

Enjoy freedom!