• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry

James357

imported post

Ok,,I have asked three council people about open carry.One said they would get me an answer and that was three days ago. Another one has never responded, period. Another one told me to ask someone else. The law officer of Independence sent me an ordinance for grafitti. I think there killing time to write a new ordinance for open carry.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, if they do you may very well have yourself to thank for it. Quit asking the police and city council members about this!!!!!!!!!! You are just stirring the pot and may cause serious repercussions for others.

You brought this up in two different threads already. In one you got a response with links to 2 threads that confirmed OC legal in Independence.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/23589.html

If you don't believe the info in those threads, here is the link for the municode page for the municipal code of Independence, MO. You don't need to ask LEO or city council members. Do a thorough search of the municipal code and if they haven't prohibited it then it is legal.

http://www.municode.com/resources/ClientCode_List.asp?cn=Independence &sid=25&cid=12061

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

James357 wrote:
Sorry I'm so dumb. I promise not to post anymore.
I had no intention of conveying any such notion and I appreciate your enthusiasm. I am trying to pass on something I have learned from others during my time on OCDO in other states who have already been through these battles about "asking permission" and the problems it causes and resources (such as municode.com) that empower you to find your own answers to such questions. These are things I have learned from the pages of OCDO, other forums and personal research. They are things you will learn as well if you stick around and take the time to read the wealth of information (and sometimes a fair share of nonsense) posted on this forum and that you will in turn teach to others when you are asked these questions.