Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What belt do you use when you OC?

Post imported post

I need to find a decent belt to wear when I OC. I bought what I thought was a pretty sturdy and thick leather belt, but it doesn't hold my gun up as well as I would like it to. I don't like how it sags down on my strong side, as it feels somewhat uncomfortable and looks bad. So what good belts are there that will fix this problem?

Post imported post

I got one from Thebeltman.com. It was kinda expensive (~$80), but it looks nice, holds my gun well, and barring some strange accident it should last for a long while.

Post imported post

I use a belt from AKJ Concealco. Very nice dress belt made of 2 layers of leather with some kind of stiffener between the leather layers. Surprisingly, the stiffness makes for a far more comfortable belt than you might imagine, and allows you to carry quite a bit of weight (gun, spare mags, cell phone, Surefire light, etc.) Whatever is used for the stiffener stops problems many have with leather belts: It doesn't sag and *can't* stretch or get all soft.

Whatever brand of belt you get, I recommend the stiffest belt you can find.

Link to the Concealco belt page is below:

http://www.concealco.com/miva/mercha...y_Code=054BELT

Post imported post

I use a $4 army surplus canvas belt, which is decidedly bad for carrying a gun. Am open to suggestions myself.

-ljp

Post imported post

I use a fairly generic 1 1/2" leather belt myself. I haven't had any problems with sagging or anything. I use a two-slot leather holster and thread the belt loop at 3:00 between the two slots. My carry gun is a Bersa Ultra Compact .45. I carry a spare mag on my support side.

I suppose a better belt would work better.....but my current one is doing fine at the moment.

One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    I got one from Thebeltman.com. It was kinda expensive (~$80), but it looks nice, holds my gun well, and barring some strange accident it should last for a long while.
    Better link: http://www.thebeltman.net/

Agreed, very nice belts!

-R

Post imported post

Uncle Mike's makes a pretty good copy of the Instructor Wilderness Belt. I think I paid around $25.00 for mine.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...ber=1398715640

I also had a belt made by a local saddle maker that has lasted for about 10 years. It's starting to sag a bit and is getting pretty soft. I like leather, but it's only good for so long. The next leather one I get will have a polymer insert.

If you want leather, I hear good things about Aker. They have a "dress" type belt with a polymer insert.

http://www.copquest.com/24-0500.htm
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Post imported post

Just got my bullhide belt from thebeltman today. Excellent craftsmanship. Supports my full frame sig and serpa to the point I barely notice them. Looking around now for some sharp buckles to change out. If you've got the green, go for the best you can afford. Stiffness and support are really worth it.

Activist Member

Post imported post

I like the Galco SB2 sport belt. Mine has an S&W logo on it. (You can order the belt from S&W, and that way it comes with the logo. http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...3808&training= although it'll cost a lot more than where you can buy the belt elsewhere without the logo. )

It works very well to hold up the weight.

Post imported post

I have some 1 1/2" 5.11 leather belts with stiffeners. They've worked pretty well for the last few years.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I'm a "gentleman of size" :P and I had a tough time finding a good belt to hold my gun without having my pants head south at an inopportune moment. After reading about them on several forums, I tried The Beltman and am very happy. It's a good, solid quality belt that also looks nice. I was really shocked at how much difference a good belt makes to your carry.

Post imported post

Another vote for the beltman!

Post imported post

I have used my Instructor Wilderness Belt for several years and still

works great, paid around $45.

Post imported post

LeMat wrote:
    Uncle Mike's makes a pretty good copy of the Instructor Wilderness Belt.* I think I paid around $25.00 for mine.
    Might as well buy a real wilderness belt. It's only 15 more.

I currently use a wilderness ring belt with the polymer insert. It's great for my 'small' 32mm belt-loop jeans.

I have some Proppers on the way so I may get a full size wilderness, or drop the money on a beltman.

It's definitely worth getting a decent belt. It makes a world of difference.

Post imported post

I use the Crossbreed gun belt, very stiff as it is doubled leather almost a quarter of an inch thick.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

I bought a $20 belt at Wal-Mart without even thinking about carrying with it, and when I put a holster on it and went out strapped, it worked just fine, so I've decided to forgo the expensive gun belt until this one wears out.

Post imported post

ComradeV wrote:
    I bought a $20 belt at Wal-Mart without even thinking about carrying with it, and when I put a holster on it and went out strapped, it worked just fine, so I've decided to forgo the expensive gun belt until this one wears out.
    How long have you been using it? My Walmart belt lasted only a few months before it was to warped to be effective. Yes, it held my pants and gun of the ground, but it would flex out and not hold the holster where I wanted it.

Post imported post

I've only purchased it recently, thusly your experience may perhaps become my own. I guess I will have to wait for it to become noticably ineffective, then I'll have to come back to this thread.

Post imported post

Well, here's hoping you have better luck than I did.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

A very unique solution was found in the Liger belt. Made with a modern synthetic, it is extremely strong and durable - doubt that there is a stronger belt made. A hidden benefit is that all that you carry on this belt is virtually locked in place - the material is quite"grippy." Looks a lot like leather too.

For the present time, you can purchase a combination package w/ tactical pants (name brands) and get $20-30 off the combination - makes the $54.00 price of the belt even more reasonable.

I bought mine when the were $39 and it still looks new! Will likely buy another color w/pants deal. Give them a check out.

http://www.botachtactical.com/ligerbelts.html

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

What size do you need?

I have a Haugen Handgun Custom made belt, Uncle Mike's reinforced belt, Galco instructors belt and a Wilderness belt you are welcome to try.

The Dillion belt I sent you via PM is still available (not mine).

Comp-Tac has these on sale:
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...roducts_id=107

Their customer service dept is second to none.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

A 1.5" tool belt, available at most hardware stores for under 10 dollars, will hold up a gun extremely well, as they are designed to carry much heavier pouches of nails and tools.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

The avg $10 tool belt might work with jeans t-shirt.
    Does it go well with slacks/dress shirt?

A reply/rebuttal would require a picof you wearing a tb, slacks and dress shirt.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I have a CrossBreed Belt and in conjunction with my Supertuck with new steel clips it is awesome.

I don't know how I lived without it.

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/belt.html

Post imported post

I wear what we called in the Army a A-7 cargo belt or riggers belt. You can also hook a d-ring to it in case you need it for extrication purposes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast