• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What belt do you use when you OC?

hunter45

imported post

I need to find a decent belt to wear when I OC. I bought what I thought was a pretty sturdy and thick leather belt, but it doesn't hold my gun up as well as I would like it to. I don't like how it sags down on my strong side, as it feels somewhat uncomfortable and looks bad. So what good belts are there that will fix this problem?

FogRider

imported post

I got one from Thebeltman.com. It was kinda expensive (~$80), but it looks nice, holds my gun well, and barring some strange accident it should last for a long while.

markand

imported post

I use a belt from AKJ Concealco. Very nice dress belt made of 2 layers of leather with some kind of stiffener between the leather layers. Surprisingly, the stiffness makes for a far more comfortable belt than you might imagine, and allows you to carry quite a bit of weight (gun, spare mags, cell phone, Surefire light, etc.) Whatever is used for the stiffener stops problems many have with leather belts: It doesn't sag and *can't* stretch or get all soft.

Whatever brand of belt you get, I recommend the stiffest belt you can find.

Link to the Concealco belt page is below:

http://www.concealco.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ACL&Category_Code=054BELT

Legba

imported post

I use a $4 army surplus canvas belt, which is decidedly bad for carrying a gun. Am open to suggestions myself.

-ljp

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

I use a fairly generic 1 1/2" leather belt myself. I haven't had any problems with sagging or anything. I use a two-slot leather holster and thread the belt loop at 3:00 between the two slots. My carry gun is a Bersa Ultra Compact .45. I carry a spare mag on my support side.

I suppose a better belt would work better.....but my current one is doing fine at the moment.

LeMat

imported post

Uncle Mike's makes a pretty good copy of the Instructor Wilderness Belt. I think I paid around $25.00 for mine.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=1398715640

I also had a belt made by a local saddle maker that has lasted for about 10 years. It's starting to sag a bit and is getting pretty soft. I like leather, but it's only good for so long. The next leather one I get will have a polymer insert.

If you want leather, I hear good things about Aker. They have a "dress" type belt with a polymer insert.

http://www.copquest.com/24-0500.htm

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just got my bullhide belt from thebeltman today. Excellent craftsmanship. Supports my full frame sig and serpa to the point I barely notice them. Looking around now for some sharp buckles to change out. If you've got the green, go for the best you can afford. Stiffness and support are really worth it.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

I like the Galco SB2 sport belt. Mine has an S&W logo on it. (You can order the belt from S&W, and that way it comes with the logo. http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=43808&training= although it'll cost a lot more than where you can buy the belt elsewhere without the logo. )

It works very well to hold up the weight.

opticsplanet_2047_286730670

13957_large.jpg

RedKnightt

imported post

I'm a "gentleman of size" :p and I had a tough time finding a good belt to hold my gun without having my pants head south at an inopportune moment. After reading about them on several forums, I tried The Beltman and am very happy. It's a good, solid quality belt that also looks nice. I was really shocked at how much difference a good belt makes to your carry.

kurtmax_0

imported post

LeMat wrote:
Uncle Mike's makes a pretty good copy of the Instructor Wilderness Belt.  I think I paid around $25.00 for mine.

Might as well buy a real wilderness belt. It's only 15 more.

I currently use a wilderness ring belt with the polymer insert. It's great for my 'small' 32mm belt-loop jeans.

I have some Proppers on the way so I may get a full size wilderness, or drop the money on a beltman.

It's definitely worth getting a decent belt. It makes a world of difference.

jeeper1

imported post

I use the Crossbreed gun belt, very stiff as it is doubled leather almost a quarter of an inch thick.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I bought a $20 belt at Wal-Mart without even thinking about carrying with it, and when I put a holster on it and went out strapped, it worked just fine, so I've decided to forgo the expensive gun belt until this one wears out.

FogRider

imported post

ComradeV wrote:
I bought a $20 belt at Wal-Mart without even thinking about carrying with it, and when I put a holster on it and went out strapped, it worked just fine, so I've decided to forgo the expensive gun belt until this one wears out.
How long have you been using it? My Walmart belt lasted only a few months before it was to warped to be effective. Yes, it held my pants and gun of the ground, but it would flex out and not hold the holster where I wanted it.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I've only purchased it recently, thusly your experience may perhaps become my own. I guess I will have to wait for it to become noticably ineffective, then I'll have to come back to this thread. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

A very unique solution was found in the Liger belt. Made with a modern synthetic, it is extremely strong and durable - doubt that there is a stronger belt made. A hidden benefit is that all that you carry on this belt is virtually locked in place - the material is quite"grippy." Looks a lot like leather too.

For the present time, you can purchase a combination package w/ tactical pants (name brands) and get $20-30 off the combination - makes the $54.00 price of the belt even more reasonable.

I bought mine when the were $39 and it still looks new! Will likely buy another color w/pants deal. Give them a check out.

http://www.botachtactical.com/ligerbelts.html

Yata hey