• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Businesses that do not allow OC?

Jenshubby

imported post

I searched but did not see a list of Oregon businesses that are not gun friendly. I saw a list (was it stickied?) in the Washington thread. I thought that was a good idea.

Los

imported post

Jeffytune wrote:
Hi.

Well, I know that Costco has a company wide policy for no guns.
I've heard this too of Costco but Ididnt see any signs on their doors last time I visited their Hillsboro store. Maybe I just missed it......

adamsesq

imported post

Los wrote:
Jeffytune wrote:
Hi.

Well, I know that Costco has a company wide policy for no guns.
I've heard this too of Costco but I dont didnt see any signs on their doors last time I visited their Hillsboro store. Maybe I just missed it......

Maybe that is because Oregon, unlike some other states, does not have a "sign law." Any such sign would be meaningless under Oregon law so why would they bother posting one there? If they see it their corporate policy is to ask you to leave the store, permanently. If you ask permission, their policy is to say "no."

At least in Costco, concealed means concealed.

-adamsesq

Jeffytune

imported post

I do CC at Costco, and I have never had an issue. I was just saying there corporate policy.

Los

imported post

I cc at Costco as well....and as long as I cc properly, I dont expect any issues...:)

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I have repeatedly carried openly at Costco with no issues. The greeter/card checker has seen it on my belt and said nothing. I have searched the members agreement and seen nothing about guns.
Is there some published notice or memo from the corporate level that defines the gun policy in their stores?
Among the open carriers I have spoken with, it seems to be a mixed bag.

Glockguy

imported post

I really think it depends on the store... I dont OC So much as I should... cause im still Chicken Sh** to do it...I Know alot of stores may have a Policies against OC But i dont think each Store Has Meetings about not allowing OCers in their Stores.. But it is nice to hear about people OCing And not getting Hassled

adamsesq

imported post

CC'd today at church - tucked. Then we went out on a mega shopping spree and I untucked and tucked my shirt in behind the holster so I was IWB open carrying all day. Wifey was CC in a pouch on her waist.

Started at Home Depot in Beaverton; went to Cash-N-Carry, also Beaverton, then onto Home and Hearth in Hillsboro and finally to Lowes in Hillsboro.

The only comment I got at all was from one of my firefighters that I happened to meet at Lowe's. We talked about legalities and all and walked through the store for a bit; I think he was afraid someone would come running at us.

Another boring OC day. :)

-adamsesq

Jenshubby

imported post

adamsesq wrote:
CC'd today at church - tucked. Then we went out on a mega shopping spree and I untucked and tucked my shirt in behind the holster so I was IWB open carrying all day. Wifey was CC in a pouch on her waist.

Started at Home Depot in Beaverton; went to Cash-N-Carry, also Beaverton, then onto Home and Hearth in Hillsboro and finally to Lowes in Hillsboro.

The only comment I got at all was from one of my firefighters that I happened to meet at Lowe's. We talked about legalities and all and walked through the store for a bit; I think he was afraid someone would come running at us.

Another boring OC day. :)

-adamsesq
I need to come down and OC with you for a day when I find a decent enough holster for my OC gun. Then again, after yesterday, I noticed that I need to find a decent CC gun for the .380. Had a nasty bruise where the safety dug into my side after wearing it all day. I had looked at some of the nice leather holsters at Keiths, but was sort of rushed on time so I didn't get any real looking done.