• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

REALISTICALLY, what's the next handgun that you will purchase?

BRobb19

NEAR Chapel Hill/Durham, North Carolina, USA
imported post

mrmagooo13 wrote:
Well, I've been looking at getting a Glock 21 here for awhile. Just waiting for NC to decide to send me back my tax return to help out with the bill.
did you use the "mail-in method"?

i always use turbotax.com every year. takes about 40 minutes and the money is deposited into my checking account usually in 8-10 days.

:/

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Walther PPS .40....er no wait, I just bought that lol. My NEXT handgun? Probably a custom 1911 worth a couple thousand dollars. I think I'm pretty set for handguns right now, so my next purchase will probably be something shiny to carry during formal occasions lol.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DreQo wrote:
SNIP my next purchase will probably be something shiny to carry during formal occasions lol.

Brushed, not polished. Polished is gauche, these days.

Also, black leather holster. No brown after 6:00 pm.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Citizen wrote:
DreQo wrote:
SNIP my next purchase will probably be something shiny to carry during formal occasions lol.

Brushed, not polished. Polished is gauche, these days.

Also, black leather holster. No brown after 6:00 pm.

Always black leather, of course. I do like some polished, but not the WHOLE thing. I promise it will be tasteful. I did see an all-gold Desert Eagle .50 AE at the gun show this weekend :D.

I'd like to have a nice piece to wear at my wedding, but my current girlfriend has repeatedly insisted that I not open carry at our wedding. Actually she just said no carry at all....well crap.

Landric

imported post

I'm getting married in June and I have been officially allowed to carry if I would like (not openly). I probably won't, or perhaps at the ceremony but not the reception since I'll probably have a drink or three.

However, with a baby on the way I think my gun buying days have come to an end for the next couple of years. Oh well, I have more than I need but not as many as I want, so I guess I'll survive.

mrmagooo13

imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
i always use turbotax.com every year. takes about 40 minutes and the money is deposited into my checking account usually in 8-10 days.
Well, the tax return has arrived. Hopefully this means on Thursday I'll be making yet another trip down to Fuquay Gun & Gold to see what they have to offer. :)

mrmagooo13

imported post

Perhaps. I have a day to ponder on it. All my 1911 friends are trying to convince me to go that route. I'm definitely feeling a Glock, though. Other than price of ammo, why would you buy a .40 over a .45?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

mrmagooo13 wrote:
Perhaps. I have a day to ponder on it. All my 1911 friends are trying to convince me to go that route. I'm definitely feeling a Glock, though. Other than price of ammo, why would you buy a .40 over a .45?
Ammo capacity, handgun size, and bullet velocity are my 3 biggest reasons. A .40 caliber handgun can carry more rounds as a same-sized .45, and the .40 is a much faster round. I prefer the higher velocity because it increases penetration when considering layers of clothing. Thats just me, though.

Landric

imported post

DreQo wrote:
mrmagooo13 wrote:
Ammo capacity, handgun size, and bullet velocity are my 3 biggest reasons. A .40 caliber handgun can carry more rounds as a same-sized .45, and the .40 is a much faster round. I prefer the higher velocity because it increases penetration when considering layers of clothing. Thats just me, though.

I wouldn't. Even accounting for the price of ammo I wouldn't. Luckily I'm a handloader, so .40 and .45 are about the same price to handload. I don't handload .40 anyway, I'm not a fan.

I'm sure the .40 is a fine cartridge and people like it. Its not for me though. I'm saddled with one at work, I'm not getting one for my off hours.

If you are feeling Glockish, get a .45ACP Glock.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Landric wrote:
DreQo wrote:
mrmagooo13 wrote:

I wouldn't. Even accounting for the price of ammo I wouldn't. Luckily I'm a handloader, so .40 and .45 are about the same price to handload. I don't handload .40 anyway, I'm not a fan.

I'm sure the .40 is a fine cartridge and people like it. Its not for me though. I'm saddled with one at work, I'm not getting one for my off hours.

If you are feeling Glockish, get a .45ACP Glock.
What specific attributes draw you towards the .45?