• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

REALISTICALLY, what's the next handgun that you will purchase?

Landric

imported post

Less felt recoil (in my opinion, but I'm far from the only person with it), lower pressure round, more accurate in my hands, more fun to handload for, long term track record, overall just a more pleasant shooting experience (for me).

I'm not one of those people who thinks the .40 is a fad, I expect its here to stay. I don't personally care for it, and IMO, it doesn't do anything I can't do with a 9x19mm or .45ACP, so why add yet another cartridge that I either have to load ammo for or buy ammo for, especially if I don't enjoy shooting it?

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Landric wrote:
Less felt recoil (in my opinion, but I'm far from the only person with it), lower pressure round, more accurate in my hands, more fun to handload for, long term track record, overall just a more pleasant shooting experience (for me).

I'm not one of those people who thinks the .40 is a fad, I expect its here to stay. I don't personally care for it, and IMO, it doesn't do anything I can't do with a 9x19mm or .45ACP, so why add yet another cartridge that I either have to load ammo for or buy ammo for, especially if I don't enjoy shooting it?

Good points. I agree with the .40 having more felt recoil. I call it the .40 flip, lol. I actually came across the .40 after failing to find the handgun I wanted in 9mm. It's really grown on me, though. You're right that the .40 doesn't do anything that the 9mm or .45 couldn't do, but I see it as the .40 can do what the 9mm AND .45 do.

It's nice to hear some intelligent, clearly expressed opinions from people :D.

Landric

imported post

I have tried multiple handguns in .40, and I've really tried to like it. It makes a lot of sense on paper (which is probably why I'm stuck with one at work), I just don't like it. Of all the handguns I've tried, I liked the S&W M&P40 and the Glock 22 the most. The S&W had a lot less felt recoil than the Glock, but I'd still rather have a .45ACP in either M&P or Glock.

Fahrenheit

imported post

Next handgun I'm buying:

Walther PPS in 9mm for my wife.

Next handgun I'm buying for myself:

Glock 38.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Probably a GLOCK 20SF and/or 29SF.

Sold off my G20 recently to make room.

Of course, if a nice Smith revolver comes along first.... gawd, it's hard to pass those up... :cool:

Gilly

imported post

I'm torn. Here are my options:

Glock 19-everyone needs one ;)

Glock 30-my wife got one recently and I love it

Glock 34/XDm9-I want to shoot IDPA/IPSC but won't until ammo becomes more available

Springfield Mil-Spec or equivalent 1911-can't afford the TRP I really want

Sig P6-neat little 9mm and quite affordable

What say you, OCDO?