• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry on motorcycle

bedfordnky

imported post

Hello first im going to introduce myself. My name is Rob I'm from the Northern KY area. I just started to exercise my right to open carry this week. My friend Ryan (kyboyy) on the boards has helped me alot with learning the laws. However i was curious with riding season approaching is open carry permitted on a motorcycle? Thanks to all

chris in va

imported post

Yes, you can open carry on a motorcycle in KY. One caveat however, if you somehow wreck and land on your gun, it will quite possibly do great damage to your hip bones if worn there. Same goes for SOB carry.

I tend to carry my P11 in a pocket holster in my jacket.

bedfordnky

imported post

Thanks for the advice. I thought about the potential injury that could occur in an accident. It does not much bother me though. I tend to ride pretty safe. Its the other people that bother me.

hotrod

imported post

I carry open on my fatboy all the time. You will get some looks at the stop lights, but nobody really cares. Ride safe.

intellavore

imported post

You should see some of the looks I get when riding and wearing my gun at the same time. I ride a 9 foot long homebuilt chopper (76-750sohc for those interested) it's flat black and I wear my gun drop leg. Oh yeah the looks do make me laugh....My 3 year old son who rides with me also open carries with his chrome pop pistol (still looking for a drop leg that will fit him) carry on and keep your knees in the wind...

Kriegsammler

imported post

Today I rode my 50cc Honda Scooter ( which is painted WWII army green with black and white invasion stripes..) all over town with my Uberti 1871 SA Navy Colt (.38 conversion) hanging on my hip in my new Nylon 8 inch barrel revolver holster. Hammer down on an empty chamber so I'm only rolling w/ 5 shots and no practical way to reload quickly but I figured if it ever came down to stopping a thug with a knife or crowbar approaching at a red light.. I have the drop on him..

I don't do much walking around town.. I really only carry when I ride.. (now anyway.. today was day 1! ;) )

I don't ride a scooter b/c I'm a kid either.. I sold my 69 Beetle and got a new Honda scooter 2 years ago.. haven't looked back since.. ;)

I plan to also OC with my Walther P-38 and my GI Issue SA 1911 whenever I get that..

-Adam