• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Attorney General

Flintlock

imported post

He deserves our support!

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=10078816

Palin names Anchorage lawyer as new attorney general

10078816_BG1.jpg

10078816_BG2.jpg

by Rhonda McBride and The Associated Press
Thursday, March 26, 2009

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Gov. Sarah Palin has picked a prominent Anchorage lawyer as the state's new attorney general.

Palin on Thursday introduced Wayne Anthony Ross during a news conference in downtown Anchorage.

Ross replaces Talis Colberg, who resigned Feb. 10 amid what Palin called a "harsh political climate."

Colberg was a central figure in "Troopergate," the Alaska Legislature's investigation into whether Palin or aides had pressured her public safety commissioner to fire a state trooper involved in a contentious divorce and custody battle with Palin's sister.

Colberg filed a lawsuit on behalf of seven state workers challenging legislative subpoenas. A judge rejected the lawsuit and the employees later testified.

The governor says she chose Ross for his integrity and history of public service.

Ross says his new job will be challenging and he has lots to learn. He also said he hopes to give people better access to the courts.

"There's a big backlog of trials, and you wait for months to even go to trial," Ross said. "I want to see if we can't improve that a bit."

Ross ran twice for governor and even campaigned for Sarah Palin. He was a former vice president of the National Rifleman's Association and is currently a director.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Looks pretty good. I'm toying with trying to get up to Anchorage or Fairbanks this August or September, so trying to keep up on Alaska politics...