• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC is outlawed in Wayne county

Michigander

imported post

I found a potential remedy for this problem on that very same website.

http://www.waynecounty.com/WCComplaint/Default.aspx

Mission Statement
Wayne County Executive, Robert A. Ficano, is determined to instill in Wayne County a culture of ethics and clean government. As part of that commitment the CEO has created within the executive branch the Office of Inspector General (IG). The IG is authorized to detect and, whenever possible, deter fraud, waste, inefficiency, misconduct and abuse of power in county government. The goal is to uncover misconduct, abuse and inefficiency and advocate appropriate remedies. Above all, the IG's principal objectives are to promote ethics, honesty, and efficiency, and restore and promote the public's trust in and respect for county government.

The Importance of Reporting
The cooperation of County employees and the general public is essential to accomplish the mission of the Inspector General. Persons working in or having regular contact with county government are in the best position to witness activities that may require investigation.

When reporting possible fraud, waste, inefficiency or misconduct you may remain anonymous if you wish. You are encouraged, however, to identify yourself so that the IG may follow up on your mail or telephone call, and seek additional information helpful to a review of the matter. If you give your name, your identity will be protected to the maximum extent of the law. In addition, the state "whistleblowers statute" protects employees from retaliation under appropriate circumstances. If you believe that making a report to the IG will place you at risk of retaliation, you should inform the IG of this fact.
When reporting to the IG please be as specific and provide as much detail as possible. The more information you provide, the more thorough the IG's investigation can be. Any relevant information or knowledge you acquire after making the report should also be provided to the IG in a follow-up communication.

[align=left]How to Report Misconduct or Inefficiency
Reports may be made to the IG on-line by clicking on the link below. The Office of the Inspector General also maintains a dedicated telephone hot line to receive reports of possible fraud, waste, inefficiency, or illegal or unethical conduct. To make a report to the IG by telephone, please call:[/align]
[align=center]313-224-5566[/align]
[align=center]Reports may also be made to the IG in writing, addressed to:[/align]
[align=center] Inspector General
Office of the Wayne County Executive
600 Randolph, Ste. 349
Detroit, MI 48226[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align]

EM87

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Mission Statement
Wayne County Executive, Robert A. Ficano, is determined to instill in Wayne County a culture of ethics and clean government. As part of that commitment the CEO has created within the executive branch the Office of Inspector General (IG). The IG is authorized to detect and, whenever possible, deter fraud, waste, inefficiency, misconduct and abuse of power in county government. The goal is to uncover misconduct, abuse and inefficiency and advocate appropriate remedies. Above all, the IG's principal objectives are to promote ethics, honesty, and efficiency, and restore and promote the public's trust in and respect for county government.[/align]

+1 for the position of Inspector General!

I find it very refreshing that a local government has appointed someone to find and eliminate corruption and misconduct within their own system. It just seems like that doesn't happen anymore, which is why when I read about this position I realized that my faith in humanity isn't completely lost.

SpringerXDacp

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
Just doing some followup for an OC event in Hines park and stumbled across this see item 14

http://www.waynecounty.com/mygovt/dps/depts/parks//docs/rules.pdf

Wonder if the Belle Ille event was legal maybe we should all turn ourselves in.
Why did you use this heading, you know preemption applies, about gave mea heart attack, I thought it was something serious, now where's my nitro tablets?