• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Would this be Legal in WA

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ClaymoreColl.jpg

The ad warns that they are illegal in CO and TX.

I can't find anything in any RCW that would make them illegal, but my search skills tend to suck.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

I can't think of any reason it would be, nor can think of any RCW's that ban it.

I'm not so sure I'd want to use something like that, just for the harassment potential. All it takes is one person thinking it's real and making one phone call... Looks cool though.

cynicist

imported post

I recall something about look-alike explosives, like a pipe with a fuse sticking out of it, but I think that may be under certain circumstances.

KBCraig

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:

Their interpretation of Texas law is incorrect. Here's the statute (my emphasis added):

Sec.46.08.HOAX BOMBS. (a)A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:

(1)make another believe that the hoax bomb is an explosive or incendiary device; or

(2)cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.

(b)An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

joeroket

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Right Wing Wacko wrote:

Their interpretation of Texas law is incorrect. Here's the statute (my emphasis added):

Sec.46.08.HOAX BOMBS. (a)A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:

(1)make another believe that the hoax bomb is an explosive or incendiary device; or

(2)cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.

(b)An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.
And putting it on a trailer hitch could be construed by a reasonable person that you are trying to get a reaction, of any type, from Police Officers, whom are an official of a public safety agency.

I can see why these could be considered unlawful under that statute. That is after all very poorly written.

ChuckUFarley

imported post

Don’t know but I have a hand grenade that hangs from my rear view mirror, I get some weird looks sometimes but I think most people don’t even notice.

(Fake of course) Hm Hm Hm

ChuckUFarley

imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:

I can't find anything in any RCW that would make them illegal, but my search skills tend to suck.
TX,I thought it would be on every car down there, dont they issue hand guns with every purchase of whiskey?

compmanio365

imported post

ChuckUFarley wrote:
Right Wing Wacko wrote:

TX,I thought it would be on every car down there, dont they issue hand guns with every purchase of whiskey?
Well, you would think OC would be legal too.....seems like not everyone from CA went to WA when they migrated........