• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart Carry Incident

SDguy

imported post

John Wolver wrote:
any thing recent on the happenings with the guy and possible lawsuit?

Was never able to locate the guy. I think he was happy to go on his way. Not everyone who carries and has a law enforcement encounter is interested in making a statement or filing a complaint.

TheFuzz

imported post

I'm going to throw the BS flag here. It's probable that Wal-Mart called police about it but the cops don't randomly tackle people. There is levels of force that cops go through and some guy pushing a shopping cart doesn't warrant NFL tackling.

As many of you pointed out that kind of conduct would lead to law suits and possible criminal charges. To which there is nothing and without an actual news source publishing the story I doubt it was extreme as purported. (Also if the city was being sued that would make the news if the incident itself has not).

Could it have happened? Sure. Was there a royal rumble? Doubt it.