• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC'ing badly vs OC'ing

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

BRobb19 wrote:
R a Z o R wrote:
The reason I googled open carry and found this forum is if someone spotted my weapon and screams he has a gun was to find out how to handle all situations .
That's the worst broken english that I have ever seen on this forum. I actually have no idea what that sentence means.

... BRobb ...

Glad you finally traded your Smith and Wesson 642 . Being a wheel man I followed the sell of your .38 on Carolinashooterforum.com . My talent is visual and not proper English . The photo is an illegal Apache used in Europe between WWI and II . It is also inimitable with relentless logic like Ann Romney's blueberry pancakes . :quirky:quirky

Being new to self defense and just getting my CCW this JAN2009 , it is great to find this forum inorder to learn and share about OC experiences .

G

imported post

"I still have a small worry about printing when I CC, yet don't care at all when I OC."

I don't understand this. Are you concerned that someone might think you have a gun if you're printing as opposed to knowing that you have a gun if OC? What's it matter? Please explain the difference to me so that I can be as enlightened as you.

Are you showing off your gun while OC as opposed to hiding it a little to make one guess when CC and printing.

I just don't see the big deal if I decide to cover my weapon somewhat as opposed to displaying it in full view. That's MY decision. And I'm COMPLETELY within the law doing so.

G

imported post

One more thing.

What is "CC'ing BADLY"? Is there a law against it in North Carolina like in Florida? Or is this some term made up here in this forum to describe something that you're not in agreement with? Like some sort of "evil" way to pack heat.

wylde007

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
What is "CC'ing BADLY"? Is there a law against it in North Carolina like in Florida? Or is this some term made up here in this forum to describe something that you're not in agreement with? Like some sort of "evil" way to pack heat.
If you CC badly, then you are likely to be stopped, at the very least, if spotted by an officer, and required to present your permit and identification.

Illegal? No. Annoying? Yes.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
"I still have a small worry about printing when I CC, yet don't care at all when I OC."

I don't understand this. Are you concerned that someone might think you have a gun if you're printing as opposed to knowing that you have a gun if OC? What's it matter? Please explain the difference to me so that I can be as enlightened as you.

Are you showing off your gun while OC as opposed to hiding it a little to make one guess when CC and printing.

I just don't see the big deal if I decide to cover my weapon somewhat as opposed to displaying it in full view. That's MY decision. And I'm COMPLETELY within the law doing so.
The point of CC is that no one will know that you are carrying. When I OC, it is obvious that I am armed if you are paying any attention. The minority of the time when I CC, I am just concerned about having my grip show through my shirt, though I know no one will notice, or is even paying attention. I know in my brain that it doesn't matter, yet the emotion side says keep it hidden (completely). I have seen the poor CC ( G26/27/33) showing through a shirt like it was suctioned to it.

wylde007

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Neither question got answered.
You don't read so good.

Question: How does one "CC badly"?
Answer: Where it becomes obvious that the concealed carrier is carrying, therefor nullifying any benefit of concealment.

Question: Is there a law against it in NC as in Florida?
Answer: No, not if you have a permit.

If you CC "badly" and have a permit, then you're in the clear. It is legal to OC in North Carolina without a permit. Since there isn't a third option I don't understand how you could fault the information provided.

The only time you'd get in trouble is if you CC and print and don't have a permit if an officer requests one.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

I don't understand this. Are you concerned that someone might think you have a gun if you're printing as opposed to knowing that you have a gun if OC?

No, I'm not concerned that someone might think I have a gun. Printing is just considered bad form when you CC. It is all a mental battle between knowledge and emotion. I know that printing isn't illegal. I know that even if I do print, almost no body would notice. I know that I most likely am not printing when I do CC. It is still something that I am conscious of though.

What's it matter? Please explain the difference to me so that I can be as enlightened as you.

Nothing is the matter. I was just sharing a thought. I am concerned about printing when I CC, because I feel it is a tell that I am carrying, yet I OC predominantly and don't give a second though to people seeing my firearm.

I'm not showing off anything. CC isn't hiding it a little, it is making it disappear. There should be no reason for anyone to be guessing, unless I'm printing, which is what I'm making all these statements for.

Better?

G

imported post

Somewhat.

I'd rather just not have to worry about OCing at all. But with all these LEO just looking for a reason to tuck their pants into their boots, I'm a bit skiddish. I've read several posts here in the NC section of felony stops for conduct that is costitutionally and statutory legal. So I just put my t-shirt over my 1911. Then I'm 100% legal without any doubts. As far as I am concernerned I could give a $hit less who thihks or even knows that I'm armed. Provided of course I'm doing it leagally

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

DreQo wrote:
Yeah, 'cause that image had anything to do with this thread. :banghead:

I would like to Open Carry the revolver of my choice . I am not a conformist that is an easily lead follower . Do you think a pouch or a neck holster would work best with an Apache ? It is the preban bayonet attachment for revolvers that will cut the concealment if not used correctly . A Tanto point would be better for strengh though .

Here is another favorite that is better suited in a pocket rather than OC . Not even a pocket holster is needed to hide an imprint .