• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spring election

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Don't forget to vote in the special election April 7. Vote for Randy Koschnick as Wisconsin Supreme Court Judge. He is running to replace Shirley Abrahamson. Judge Koschnick would be a win for us. He would be the third conservative judge added in a row. The term for SC judge is 10years so if Abrahamson winswe will have another decade of her anti-gun opinions. The April 7 turnout is expected to be very light so it is a good time to make our votes really count.

smithman

imported post

Lammie thanks for posting this reminder. It is very important that we make our voice heard on this and get out to the polls. If everybody reading this forum votes and reminds 10 of their gun owning friends then Koschnick should win hands down.

edit spelling

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

While you determine whether or not you want to take the time to vote on April 7, keep this in mind. "All that is needed for evil to succeed, is that decent human beings do nothing". Edmund Burke

tomm1963

imported post

So what are Koschnicks chances? If money is a barometer....slim unfortunately. I just heard a radio report that the incumbent has raised well over a million to Koschnicks 50K. At least the NRA is doing something. I got my postcard from them to vote Randy Koschnick. Aah my $35 at work:)

Brigdh

imported post

Are there websites for the candidates? I'm interested in their stated positions, but I don't know who is all running (not necessarily a good sign...).

tomm1963

imported post

http://www.wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=153746

Abrahamson outraises Koschnick 4-to-1
3/31/2009

Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson outraised challenger Randy Koschnick 4-to-1 during the pre-election reporting period.

Abrahamson's campaign reported raising $290,319 between Feb. 3 and March 23, including a $50,000 loan she gave her campaign. That pushes her overall haul for her re-election bid to more than $1.3 million.

Abrahamson spent just more than $1 million and had $176,253 cash on hand at the end of the reporting period.

Koschnick, a Jefferson County judge, reported raising $70,335 during the period. He spent $53,774 and had $62,091 cash on hand at the end of the period. He has raised $124,008 overall for his campaign.
Abrahamson cover sheet

Get out and vote.

tomm1963

imported post

Election Day Voting Hours: 7 A.M. - 8 P.M.

Sample Ballot
4709BOMilwaukee.pdf

4709BOMilwaukee.pdf

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

6.78 Poll hours. (1m) The polls at every election shall be
open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
(4) Any elector waiting to vote, whether within the polling
booth or in the line outside the booth at the time the polls officially
close, shall be permitted to vote.
History: 1985 a. 304; 1991 a. 316; 2005 a. 333.

pkbites

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Local results

Koschnick 119

Abrahamson 308

Dnam!
Statistically the chances of that old bag finishing another 10 year term are actually quite low. She's already 75.

If I'm not mistaken, in Wisconsin the Governor appoints a justice in the case of a State supeme Court Justice bailing early.

Hopefully by the time she retires early or croaks we'll have a pro-gun Governor in office who will appoint a pro-gun justice.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

While I was at a gun show at Dresser WI a week ago I had an interesting conversation with acandidate that was running for a state political office. Our conversation turned to a discussion about the supreme court race. I brought up the subject of open carry and our constitutional right to do so. It turns out the candidate was completely in favor of using firearms for personal protection. He then brought up something I thought was very interesting. He said that word is going around the political arena that the next case the State Supreme Court hears concerning concealed carry will likely have the concealed carry prohibition statute declared unconstitutional. Something about problems with decisions made in recent SSC case decisions. This conversation was held in a noisy, crowded exibition hall. I don't know if what the candidate told me is true or not, politicians being politicians. Has anyone else on the forum heard comments similar to his? I have not been able to verify the candidates comments on either the internet or through personal political and law enforcement contacts so I suspect the comments are only rumor and I don't wish to add fuel to it, but all rumors do have some element of fact.

smithman

imported post

Lammie, if Milwaukee Co executive Scott Walker runs for governor he will likely win, and then we will have some form of the PPA passed, hopefully not a watered-down version. IMO, in the meantime the CC statute could only be ruled unconstitional by means of the right case with the right circumstances, similar to the Vegas. However the circuit court did not appeal to the SSC, a move which further supressed our ability to carry firearms in this state by not allowing the constitutionality to be tested.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smithman wrote:
Lammie, if Milwaukee Co executive Scott Walker runs for governor he will likely win, and then we will have some form of the PPA passed, hopefully not a watered-down version. IMO, in the meantime the CC statute could only be ruled unconstitional by means of the right case with the right circumstances, similar to the Vegas. However the circuit court did not appeal to the SSC, a move which further supressed our ability to carry firearms in this state by not allowing the constitutionality to be tested.
This is still being worked on. The StateSupreme Court has been asked to take this case. It's a waiting game right now.