• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Adopt-A-Highway Litter Pick-Up Event and Lunch Sat 04-18-09

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I am going to sticky this because it is for a good cause.

Please help Ed and the others who are helping with this great idea!

Thanks.

John

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

changed my "maybe" to a yes. I'll have you know I'm passing up a fun trip to Pittsburgh for Spring Carnival for this! :D

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Tess wrote:
changed my "maybe" to a yes. I'll have you know I'm passing up a fun trip to Pittsburgh for Spring Carnival for this! :D
While we are happy to have you.. we will do this again and again over time... dont miss something as fun as a carnival on such a pretty day to go pick up trash.. Come next time when you have no carnival.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ed wrote:
While we are happy to have you.. we will do this again and again over time... dont miss something as fun as a carnival on such a pretty day to go pick up trash.. Come next time when you have no carnival.
Mostly kidding, ed. Haven't been to Spring Carnival at Carnegie Mellon U in 30 years, and since spousal unit has class on Saturday, I'll probably go for Homecoming instead.

Glock27Bill

imported post

ed wrote:
Tess wrote:

+1

I just changed my maybe to a yes, Tess.

I'll pick up your trash saturday, why not go enjoy yourself?

nova

imported post

Had a great time. Nice to see everyone and meet some new people.:)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We definitely could use half a dozen more people, at least, couldn't we? Or we'd have to make it more than 2 hours.

Still, it was fun, if a lot of work, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

And we even had a homeowner along the route bring out some sodapops.