• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond gun show

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I didn't see a lot of stocking up...or gun buying. Certainly not like the last show. There was plenty of ammunition but prices were high.
Joe said he saw some primers but I must have missed them.

cafemonkey

imported post

The online article doesn't show the caption, which I found quite offensive...

Ed Buchannan of Mechanicsville said assault-style weapons such as his have been fetching higher prices since Barack Obama became president.

I'm no rifle expert, so I don't know that kind of gun that is... But it's clearly a bold action. Since when is a bolt action rifle "assault-style"?

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cafemonkey wrote:
The online article doesn't show the caption, which I found quite offensive...

Ed Buchannan of Mechanicsville said assault-style weapons such as his have been fetching higher prices since Barack Obama became president.

I'm no rifle expert, so I don't know that kind of gun that is... But it's clearly a bold action. Since when is a bolt action rifle "assault-style"?
It's a Yugo SKS. It is semi, but it is not anywhere near an assault rifle in my book. It was probably made in the 50's.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

If buying wasn't so wild then maybe prices will stabilize. Wishful thinking?

Yata hey