Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Awesome Police encounters :D

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    My friend had just gotten a suped up dodge neon, turbo, headers exhaust like everything. Anyway we decided to take it around town just for fun, in less than 20 minutes we got stopped because he was speeding, 55 in a 35. Yeah. So when the officer came to my window, ( i was the passenger and he didnt want to stand in the middle of the road) i made it clear i was armed, he opened the door, took my weapon, took it to his car, did checks and such (i also had my police scanner with me so i heard what he was saying ) and he proceeded to write the speeding ticket. Once he made sure the gun wasnt hot, he continued to ask me why i was carrying, so i told him. He actually said THANKS FOR INFORMING ME YOU HAD IT. No problem. The next 2 pull overs were for no tail lights, i guess a fuse blew or something but either way, both times were nearly identical, got stopped, told the cops i had a gun, they took it, checked it, got a warning for no tailights both times, one time they put my gun in the trunk? kinda odd i though, the other one they put it on the hood? haha idk thought it was funny. All 3 times they took us both out and searched the whole car, like up down and sideways. And after meeting 7 or 8 cops in less than 2 hours, i was still feeling good. They were proffessional, polite, and were totally for me carrying a weapon. So if anyone happens to run into some of the fine officers of SLPD just know to expect nothing but good things.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stratford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    646

    Post imported post

    Is this a wind up? are you a troll?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    wind up? Troll? I can safely say, i have no idea what you are talking about

  4. #4
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    Jarod44588 wrote:
    wind up? Troll? I can safely say, i have no idea what you are talking about
    Don't move.....

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    ok so somone telling other people a true story, how it happened and went makes me a troll? RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Wait a minute, your gun got serial # checked because the driver was speeeeeeding?

    Does Arizona require people to notify police they are carrying a gun?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    yup. uhh not that i know of, but i still tell them just so they know. As for the serial number being checked im not sure why they checked every time.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    Jarod44588 wrote:
    ...As for the serial number being checked im not sure why they checked every time.
    They ran it because you let them.

    The troll comments are coming because you say you had three good encounters, and then in the thread you say you let them trample all over your rights for no readily apparent reason. That's not generally what passes as a good encounter on these boards.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Well i get that, But they told me they had to "remove the weapon during the stop for safety purposes." which i can understand, as for the checking numbers thing IDK i guess they figured might as well do something to kill 5 minutes

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Jarod44588 wrote:
    Well i get that, But they told me they had to "remove the weapon during the stop for safety purposes." which i can understand, as for the checking numbers thing IDK i guess they figured might as well do something to kill 5 minutes
    They were treating you like a suspect. Worse, actually. They had no particularized suspicion--meaning they had no reason to suspect--that you were in possession of a stolen firearm.

    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Well ill keep that in mind, but at least they were actually nice about it. But i never thought of it like that, just seemed to me like routine proceedure.

  12. #12
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,748

    Post imported post

    Your friend's car was searched three times in two hours and you're okay with that? Sounds like you either gave away your fourth amendment rights or you had them trampled on. Next time don't let the cops walk all over you.

  13. #13
    Regular Member 1FASTC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    510

    Post imported post

    Neon.. turbo.. .headers... geez. did it have a fart can too?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Haha i was waiting for that, and no it had a full greddy exhaust, a pretty nice job on the car really, but itll always be a neon

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    I have great encounters with Mesa Police everyday... they dont stop to talk to me while oc around dobson and southern area... not even once...

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    274

    Post imported post

    When I "hear" those cars go buy I think of the Jetsons, no offense I am sure it looks nice. I typically roll my Jeep windows up when they drive by so they don't interfere with my Fox News on satellite.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    ohh i know what you mean, but its not loud really, it sounds pretty good, but give me a jeep any day of tthe week

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tucson / Bangkok, ,
    Posts
    36

    Post imported post

    (Wait a minute, your gun got serial # checked because the driver was speeeeeeding?

    Does Arizona require people to notify police they are carrying a gun?)

    --------------

    Regarding the above:
    I don't know about his particular situation, but when I received my CCW (AZ) a card came with it, with instructions to present it to an officer in the event of being stopped. May not be a bad idea in any event.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Stratford, Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    646

    Post imported post

    The OP wasn't stopped, he was a passenger. If I'm in a car that gets pulled over, and unless there are clouds of reefer smoke coming out the window I don't see how the cop has RAS or PC to even ask me who I am, let alone disarm me and run my serial number through the system.

    Am I completely off base here? Just because they are nice and polite doesn't excuse them from trampling your 4th amendment rights unless you voluntarily waived them by offering it all up.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Flagstaff, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    75

    Post imported post

    <--- This is what this post is making me do right now. I believe some are missing the point of this Forum, and the reason it exists. OCDO is for people who OC theirfirearms AND cherish their Constitutional Rights; 2nd AND 4th AND allthe rest.

    FACT 1 - Arizona Cops DO NOT have the right to run the serial # on your gun unless they have probable cause that a crime HAS been committed, IS being committed, or HAS BEEN committed (See Terry vs. Ohio Ruling). Since you were the passenger of the car, you were not even guilty of speeding (which still is NOT probable cause to run your serial #).

    FACT 2 - Arizona Cops DO NOT have the right to demand ID from you "just because" if you are not the driver of a motor vehicle. We are not Nazi Germany just yet; perhaps in a few years, but not now.

    FACT 3 - When we voluntarily surrender our liberties (such as our 2nd and 4th amendment rights), we make it easier for politicians and cops to forcefully take these rights away from those of us that actually care about them.

    Why would you voluntarily let those cops trample on your rights like you did? Are you a criminal? Your friend is acting like one by letting multiple cops search his car. They DO NOT have any business or legal standing doing that, unless you allow it.

    Why would you volunteer information that you have a gun? I could halfway understand if you were the driver, and your gun was sitting on top of your registration in the glove box. However, you were NOT the driver, and it is none of the cop's business if you are armed or not,as long asyou have no bad intentions. I am sick and tired of hearing the gun needs to be temporarily removed by the cop for "Officer Safety". I think in many cases, the cop's gun (and Taser) needs to be removed for "Citizen Safety", since quite a few of them are trigger happy (See the BART Train incident in Oakland, Ca).

    Take your rights seriously, and cherish them. You might wake up one day soon, and realize they are no longer your rights as they once were.

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    Believe me i understand all of that, but when my wallet is in my RIGHT rear pocket, and my gun is on my RIGHT hip, getting my ID would seem a little, to most NOT ALL cops, as me "going for a gun" which would lead to worst issues. And as for searching the car, if it was me i wouldnt have let them search it, but it wasnt my car, so i had no say. As for my ID, they asked for it, i gave it to them. It has nothing to do with "surrendering" my information, just me proving i am NOT a criminal and of legal age to be carrying a weapon. I am not giving up any of my rights, i still have my guns, i always will, and i will always have my freedom of speech. And if i decide to NOT make the cops life any harder than it has to be, it is MY CHOICE. My uncle was a LEO and he has told me MANY stories about the job, so yea i know its stressful being a cop, and worrying about criminals being armed, and people being complicated has got to be hard on them. Now if the cops were mean, or total "Bullies with a Badge" then i wouldnt have even said a word to them, but since they were as i said before, polite and proffessional, i decided to do the same.

  22. #22
    Regular Member PikesPeakMtnMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    426

    Post imported post

    Jarod44588 wrote:
    Believe me i understand all of that, but when my wallet is in my RIGHT rear pocket, and my gun is on my RIGHT hip, getting my ID would seem a little, to most NOT ALL cops, as me "going for a gun" which would lead to worst issues. ...
    I used to carry my wallet in my right rear pocket....until I started carrying my gun on my right hip. My wallet now resides in my left rear pocket.
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chandler, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    107

    Post imported post

    Just a FYI, turbo cars don't have headers.....and a 4cyl. only has a header. A turbo car such as the SRT-4 has a turbo manifold, not a header.

  24. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Southern Illinois, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    364

    Post imported post

    I would have asked my friend after the first stop why he gave up his 4th amendment rights and let the cop search the car. I wouldn't. If asked to exit the vehicle I would lock the doors as I did so, assuming I had automatic door locks, or lock mine an tell my passenger to do the same if I was driving. Sometime you just might run into the wrong cop and he'll drop something, like drugs, in your car so he can arrest you. This might be rare, but I wouldn't take a chance on it happening.

    Maybe what I said sounds paranoid to Arizona folks, but I heard of an out of state contractor stopped for a traffic violation in Washington D.C. He went to get his registration out of his truck glove box and the cop noticed a box of .22ammo in the glove box. He was arrested and handcuffed for having "unregistered ammunition". Washington D.C. of course is probably the worst place to allow a search of your vehicle. I wouldn't want to bet that they wouldn't find a round of ammo somewhere in my vehicle.

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    junglebob wrote:
    I would have asked my friend after the first stop why he gave up his 4th amendment rights and let the cop search the car. I wouldn't. If asked to exit the vehicle I would lock the doors as I did so, assuming I had automatic door locks, or lock mine an tell my passenger to do the same if I was driving. Sometime you just might run into the wrong cop and he'll drop something, like drugs, in your car so he can arrest you. This might be rare, but I wouldn't take a chance on it happening.

    Maybe what I said sounds paranoid to Arizona folks, but I heard of an out of state contractor stopped for a traffic violation in Washington D.C. He went to get his registration out of his truck glove box and the cop noticed a box of .22ammo in the glove box. He was arrested and handcuffed for having "unregistered ammunition". Washington D.C. of course is probably the worst place to allow a search of your vehicle. I wouldn't want to bet that they wouldn't find a round of ammo somewhere in my vehicle.
    I think there might be one even worse. From FlexYourRights.com blog:

    TENAHA — You can drive into this dusty fleck of a town near the Texas-Louisiana border if you’re African-American, but you might not be able to drive out of it — at least not with your car, your cash, your jewelry or other valuables.

    That’s because the police here have allegedly found a way to strip motorists, many of them black, of their property without ever charging them with a crime. Instead, they offer out-of-towners a grim choice: voluntarily sign over your belongings to the town or face felony charges of money laundering or other serious crimes.

    More than 140 people reluctantly accepted that deal from June 2006 to June 2008, according to court records. Among them were a black grandmother from Akron, Ohio, who surrendered $4,000 in cash after Tenaha police pulled her over, and an interracial couple from Houston, who gave up more than $6,000 after police threatened to seize their children and put them into foster care, the court documents show. Neither the grandmother nor the couple were charged with or convicted of any crime. [
    Star-Telegram]

    http://www.flexyourrights.com/

    Second blog post down from the top.


    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •