Thread: Monthly Open Carry Day

Post imported post

Good evening, I'm new to this forum but I have a suggestion...

Why not have one day a month where everyone decides to open carry for maximum effect. I think occasional OC people draw attention because you just don't see people openly carrying weapons everyday. If all the CCW holders (I am one of them) would join together with the OCer's on a specific day every month the public would be surprised how many law abiding citizens carry and might start getting used to the idea. Justa suggestion what do you think?

Post imported post

To be honest, I think that would be a great idea. Really the only problem I see with that is how many CC'ers do not like/agree with OCing. But I would suggest coming to our next meeting on the 9th and bringing it up there. I am one that attends these meetings and I think it would be a good idea. Try posting this thread on some of the other forums and lets see what we cant get started.

Post imported post

I had this idea back in '03 or so, before our CHL law was signed.

It seemed to make the most sense to have it on the 2nd of every month, for what should be an obvious reason.

I think it's a good idea, especially for those who don't OC all the time.

Post imported post

I think that idea is great. One thing that might quell some peoples apprehension, including the LEOs, would be an add in the paper a week or so ahead of time. That way when the people see it, they will have an idea of what it's all about. The add would only have to be run once to explain that it would be an ongoing thing. Sort of like the classic car meets.