• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great day OC'ing, even at Walmart

mtlhdtodd

imported post

Out and about in Auburn and hardly anyone cared. At Lowes not a look, noise or word was said. Then on to the Super Mall Walmart.

Walked through the store to the automotive section and nothing. While I was looking at car speakers another customer gave me the word that he heard a sales associate calling management. My initial response was screw 'em and a shoulder shrug. I got what I needed and was on my way to the checkers whan I saw the manager and asst manager heading right for me. I thought here we go long explanation and education time, but not so. The manager just introduced himself, we shook hands and he said "I see you're carrying and I understand it's you right. We recieved a call from another associate about you and just wanted to tell you I'm fine with it and if any other associate says anything to you to say we talked and I'm fine with it":what: After taking the shocked look of my face I thanked him. Then thought to get his card and mentioned that I would let others know. His name is Jason Shore and he is the store manager and is one of the good ones.

I then went off to Safeway on Auburn way and the only comment I got was from another customer that was glad to see me open carrying.

All in all a good day.