• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry at Tea Party Rally

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Ohio Patriot wrote:
I'm making plans to attend a Tea Party Rally in Springfield, OHon April 15. I was also thinking of open-carrying at the rally.

http://teapartyday.com/

Anyone else attending a Tea Party Rally? And will you be open carrying?
I'll be in Cincinnati at the Tea Party on the 15th, but I did OC atthe Cincinnati Tea Party a week or so ago

old dog

imported post

I'm trying, so far without success, to fan the flames for OC at the Nashville party. Fortunately in Tennessee OC is much less of an issue.

Pamiam

imported post

For those unable to OC, this could be a real teaching op.

OC an empty holster, and carry a sign saying something to the effect of "ask me why my holster is empty".

WCrawford

imported post

old dog wrote:
I'm trying, so far without success, to fan the flames for OC at the Nashville party. Fortunately in Tennessee OC is much less of an issue.
If I'm able to wake up in time for the event (as I work 3rd shift) I will be open carrying. Finally saw the location will be in a place that carrying a firearm is not prohibited.

JBURGII

imported post

That is an excellent idea.. I would go so far as to make a shirt that said that..

My holster is empty.. ask me why!

I will be attending the Eugene Tea Party on tax day.. I am starting a fast in the morning to make sure I am lean, mean and faster than a liberal...

old dog

imported post

I was watching the G20 coverage on Fox News when it hit me. Have we had any rumors or even hints of counter-protesters, perhaps even some trying to provoke violence, at the tea parties?

After two generations these people are very skilled at what they do and I doubt the police would care much which side got bloodied.

I have no knowledge of any threats but it pays to think ahead.

I hope I don't sound like a Jeremiah.