• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Cheyenne

Mjolnir

imported post

Any issues or problems when open carrying a sidearm in Cheyenne??

Will be in town for work in the near future and was wondering if anything has changed when carrying a sidearm off post. I know it you can not open carry on the base, but how about when out and about in town?

MatieA

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
Any issues or problems when open carrying a sidearm in Cheyenne??

Will be in town for work in the near future and was wondering if anything has changed when carrying a sidearm off post. I know it you can not open carry on the base, but how about when out and about in town?

I was in Cheyenne last week so that my wife could make a rather large deposit for the Girl Scouts, and I was open-carrying while on a motorcycle. I went to Wal-Mart, wandered around downtown, and went into a few convenience stores, and had 0 problems. I wonder if anyone even noticed...

I did not carry into the bank, but waited outside for my wife to conduct her business.

Mjolnir

imported post

Thanks, what kind of pistol do you carry and does it blend in with your clothes?

I carry a full sized 1911 with 2 reloads in condition 1 and that tends to draw attention every once in a while.

MatieA

imported post

I was carrying a Hi-Point in condition1, I normally carry in condition3, but as my reason for carrying this day was little different, I carried differently. I dress in Jeans ,and this dayI was wearing a plain black t-shirt. The gun may have blended in, I never really thought about it.

My only 2 pistols are a Hi-Point .40, and a .45 Colt Revolver which I carry in a quickdraw holster while dressed the part (full cowboy duds).

Hanzerik

imported post

I have not had any issues when I open carry in Cheyenne. But I do usually CC, I would say a 80% CC to 20% OC rate for me. I carry a compact 1911 in a Galco FED.

BTW: What are you going to be doing on FEW?

<<--- USAF