• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Carry Seminar?

zig-zag

imported post

Any further info on where and what time. I already signed up and printed out my ticket

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

UPDATE: We're still trying to gauge interest from the public & participation from 2A groups. I had a good conversation with Dudley Brown of Rocky Mountain Gun Owners last week. They are willing to support the event and have even offered to take it over, but I'm still waiting to see what that would look like.

As far as the time frame goes, I wanted to wait until the General Assembly is out of session so we can get as man of our law makers there as possible. I'll keep updating everyone as we get further along.

schutzhund

imported post

centsi

Wouldn't you want this to be in your name and the people who organized it. You thought of the idea and I think it would be regrettable if the members on this forum put the work into it then someone else took over and took credit for it. Just a thought I do not kknow if that would happen but it would also not suprise me. It may be good to have them sponsor it but if you started it I think that you should see it through.

mrgreencom

imported post

This is awesome, thanks! I signed up to support this idea and to educate myself as I am new to open carry (will be buying my first handgun soon)!

Adamdude04

imported post

Brilliant Idea!!

Invite Fox31, 9 News, and others to broadcast it on the nightly news. Maybe even talk to the stations and see if you can get a little run time about the story a week in advance for others to get notice and show up/watch that night.

I would like to attend. I'll tell all my LEO buds about it, though most of them know the OC law clearly because I bug em about it allt he time lol

zig-zag

imported post

I don't think the event ever happened. I had a ticket and now that so much time has expired i can't find it, and can't get another ticket, the site said event ended, so i guess that means they are not going to have it.

centsi

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I didn't end up getting any support for this from RMGO, and I don't have the resources to pursue this on my own. Right now it's dead in the water, but if someone else wants to take up the idea, they're more than welcome. Thanks to everyone who supported the idea.

Adamdude04

imported post

That sucks... You may need the Chamber of Commerce help on this one. My buddy is a memeber, used to be an Ambassador for North Denver. Been to a few events..a lot of great contacts through that network.