• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I SURE AS HELL_DON'T BELIEVE_AWB PLAN DROPPED

Gordie

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Gordie wrote:
That was inan article that was written by Gordie.

Ok, now I get what you're saying. However, it isn't my problem you suck at quoting articles so it ends up looking like YOU were the one making the comment ON the article, and then go on to say that YOU wrote the article. :quirky
Yeah, like it's my fault that you have comprehension problems.:uhoh:

Spectre

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Oh, and animals should have rights.  They're as much of a living thing as you are.  Just because they're less intelligent doesn't make them less worthy of ethical treatment.

No they don't. They shouldn't be treated inhumanely, but to start giving animals rights is just a step from saying that trees, or dirt, or water has rights as well.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Spectre wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Oh, and animals should have rights. They're as much of a living thing as you are. Just because they're less intelligent doesn't make them less worthy of ethical treatment.

No they don't. They shouldn't be treated inhumanely, but to start giving animals rights is just a step from saying that trees, or dirt, or water has rights as well.

Trees are living, they have rights. Water and dirt are not aliveand therefore have no rights. If you can't tell the difference between living and non-living things you're a retard.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Gordie wrote:

Yeah, like it's my fault that you have comprehension problems.:uhoh:

No, it's your fault you have typing/cognitive problems and substituted your name for the author's name by accident. It's also your fault you can't use the quote function correctly,the feature that was designed specifically to avoid that type of confusion.

compmanio365

imported post

Trees.....have rights? Well, you better stop living in your house, using paper (of any kind, so wipe yourself with leaves or your hand), and basically living without wood products of any kind, cause you wouldn't want to infringe on the "trees' rights", now would you?

You go ahead and do that, have fun. The rest of us, outside of the looney bin, will live with the fact that we kill poor, poor trees everyday for our convenience.

I knew you were a nut, but the depth of your mental retardation wasn't even on the scale I was using. I now know just how totally and completely STUPID you are. :quirky

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Trees.....have rights? Well, you better stop living in your house, using paper (of any kind, so wipe yourself with leaves or your hand), and basically living without wood products of any kind, cause you wouldn't want to infringe on the "trees' rights", now would you?

You go ahead and do that, have fun. The rest of us, outside of the looney bin, will live with the fact that we kill poor, poor trees everyday for our convenience.

I knew you were a nut, but the depth of your mental retardation wasn't even on the scale I was using. I now know just how totally and completely STUPID you are. :quirky

Ethical treatment of all living things = .... not making them into paper ????

I never said that, but you have fun with it anyway.

strawman.jpg

compmanio365

imported post

Or not......by turning a tree into paper, you are killing it. What rights do trees have if they do not have the right to stay alive (one of the most basic rights)? You are digging yourself a deeper hole every time you post. I'm waiting for a serious answer. Or you can just continue to lose credibility (if you have any at all) at an exponentially increasing rate.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Or not......by turning a tree into paper, you are killing it. What rights do trees have if they do not have the right to stay alive (one of the most basic rights)? You are digging yourself a deeper hole every time you post. I'm waiting for a serious answer. Or you can just continue to lose credibility (if you have any at all) at an exponentially increasing rate.

You missed this. Let me help your dense self.

Marshaul:
Animals clearly do not have a natural right to do anything which they are incapable of doing due to lack of human form, and this precludes most of the rights the constitution protects.

However, while an animal has neither a constitutional nor a self-evident natural right to, say, carry and use firearms (being incapable of doing so), the fact that the animal is alive does evince a natural right to not be killed without some valid reason (this is the same logic by which nature is used philosophically as the source of rights).

Now, being that animals are not capable of understanding human conceits like society, you are free to treat them accordingly. Thus, if an animal trespasses on your property and eats your crops, you may kill it without asking it to leave first, or having been threatened with potentially deadly bodily harm. Thus may you eat an animal for food without justifying the act as self-defense before a court.

However, no amount of religion or anthropocentric "logic" will ever make the needless killing of an animal "for fun" (as some people are occasionally inclined to do) anything other than an act of aggression against what I would point out is one of GOD's living beings.

Then again, I don't believe in God. :p

Harvesting trees for paper is no different than a monkey breaking off a shoot of grass to use to get ants out of a hole, and no different than killing animals for food.

Shooting down a tree for the hell of it is unethical and failing to respect the tree as a living thing who's life should not betaken in vain and wasted.

But you knew that. You're just being a jackass and strawmaning because it makes you feel good. :quirky

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

With many believing that the BIG BANGhappen by accident , how can a tree or any thing be alive ? The Son of Sam said it best " Evolution means it does not matter . "

I know from the math that there is a designer .