• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My bank doesn't want me carrying

glockaholic

imported post

I think when places do this, a phone number with a contact name should be posted so some of can call and excercise are right to choose another bank...

I'd be happy to PM you the contact information. I don't feel comfortable posting it in public at this time.

Rogue40

imported post

Not a big deal, just a suggestion. The other forum I belong to, does sometimes post contact information for all us to speak our minds..

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Rogue40 wrote:
I think when places do this, a phone number with a contact name should be posted so some of can call and excercise are right to choose another bank...
Just go to their website contact page and give them a ring. Ask for Jim Pack, VP Retail Sales. I'm pretty sure it'll be easy to get his contactinformation.

I think this is it. glockaholic wrote:
Contact information sent. I feel bad that my letter apparently prompted them to make a final decision regarding this. At the same time, I realize that a decision was inevitable sooner or later. I guess it was just really bad luck that the branch closest to me also happened to have a hoplophobic manager who decided to make a stink about the situation, despite the fact that not a single customer had complained to her about it.
I don't see how you personally caused the corporate policy to become what it has become. It's the behavior they're reacting to and their predicted behavior of others they are concerned with. They see it as a rational decision for their organization and customer base. And, based on the factors they considered, it probably is.

tracylaud83

imported post

I know I'll take some heat for this, But I just have to say it.

Tell the VP that according to the news stories, and statistics, most bank robbers are people of color, and when will they post signs against any of them from doing business there ??

NO I am NOT a racist

I am White, My wife is NOT......

I'm just saying, How can they choose to ignore some rights, and trample on others ????

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

tracylaud83 wrote:
Tell the VP that according to the news stories, and statistics, most bank robbers are people of color, and when will they post signs against any of them from doing business there ??

I'm just saying, How can they choose to ignore some rights, and trample on others ????

Assuming what you say is true, how is it beneficial to tell the VP that most bank robbers are people of color and that they should (it seems you are suggesting something like this) post signs saying "No carry of guns by people of color." or "No non-white customers allowed." That doesn't make any sense at all.

I don't get what your point is. I can't figure out what you're getting at. Can you clarify what you are suggesting? What would the signs say that you are using in your illustration?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

tracylaud83 wrote:
I know I'll take some heat for this, But I just have to say it....
Tracy,

Since you've only been here 102 posts, let me give you a tip - don't bother with responding to HankT(roll).

It's just awaste of brain cells.

glockaholic

imported post

They see it as a rational decision for their organization and customer base. And, based on the factors they considered, it probably is.

When we let the whims of the majority (hoplophobic branch managers) dictate the rights of the minority (law-abiding gun owners) we have lost what it means to be American. The same justification could be used to re-introduce slavery... as long as a majority of voters approve of it... as long as it is a "rational decision." The truth is that their decision was not rational at all. It was a decision based on fear, misinformation, and emotionalism.

wdprice3

imported post

sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad (in the pro-2A sense) that you moved your accounts. Tell your friends! Tell your family! Tell CFCU that you will be advertising their violation of your 2A rights!

glockaholic

imported post

Just wanted to follow up and see if any other CFCU account holders have had trouble OC'ing at their branches since the incident I described a few months ago. My local branch still hasn't posted signs at their entrances so I'm considering contacting the branch and/or regional manager again. Has anyone had any encounters?

Dreamer

imported post

In light of this article from the New York Times, you'd think that bank managers all over NC would WELCOME law-abiding citizens OCing in their bsinesses:

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/05/02/b...s-show-that-friendliness-carries-a-price.html

According to FBI statistics, NC has the 4th highest incidence of bank robbery, after Los Angeles, Sa Francisco, and Seattle. This is partially due to the fact that NC has more bank branches per capita than any other state in the Union, but I woul dalso venture that it is because of NC's silly prohobition on CC for CHP holders, and the increasing hoplophobia among branch managers. It has been proven time and time again, through interviews with convicts, and actual incidents, that criminals tend to turn and walk when they enter an establishment where the patrons are armed.

Most banks (including those in NC) no longer employ armed guards. So these branch managers are delusionally believing that the police will arrive in time to stop bank robbers, or that bank robbers will somehow flee from their scary "no guns" signs...

I'm having the same problems with BB&T. They are a great bank in all other respects--low or no fees for most services, very cooperative and helpful customer service, and very friendly staff at every branch I've used, from NC to WV to VA to MD. But those signs they post are deeply offensive.

Someone needs to do a scholarly research paper correlating bank robberies and OC policies. I bet there's a Master's Thesis in Criminal Justice in that topic...