• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Parks and restaurant carry

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

crotalus01 wrote:
The problem that I see is in TN there is no such thing as a "bar" - to serve alcohol you must also serve some kind of food.

The Senate version has attempted to define a "restaurant" vs a "bar" despite the fact that no "bars" exist under TN law.

This bill would be so much easier to define and understand if we actually had bars that existed solely to serve alcohol...

Edit to add if we did have pure bars, there are plent of reasons to go to one when you are not going to drink - designated driver, play pool/darts, hang out with friends, wife/GF wants to grab a drink etc...why should I have to be defenseless if I am not drinking? The BGs are still gonna have their heat.
I don't know if what you say is true, but I don't bleive that heating up stuff in a microwave or toaster oven or serving pre-made subs, constitutes a "restaraunt". If IIRC the bill does not allow carry into establishments that are age restricted (21 or over), which I would percieve as being "Bars".

Pol Mordreth

imported post

TF16, the only thing in TN law about '21 and up' is to allow smoking on the premises. In TN you have to serve food to serve liquor or wine by the drink. I'm not sure exactly what the percentage of food sales has to be. You can get a license to serve beer only without any food requirement.

Besides, why shoud we have to be unarmed if we want to go be a DD for friends? I will fully accept the 'no drinking and carrying' limit. Let it be my choice whether to be sober and carrying or drinking and relying on someone else to get me home safe.

Regards,

Pol

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pol Mordreth wrote:
TF16, the only thing in TN law about '21 and up' is to allow smoking on the premises. In TN you have to serve food to serve liquor or wine by the drink. I'm not sure exactly what the percentage of food sales has to be. You can get a license to serve beer only without any food requirement.

Besides, why shoud we have to be unarmed if we want to go be a DD for friends? I will fully accept the 'no drinking and carrying' limit. Let it be my choice whether to be sober and carrying or drinking and relying on someone else to get me home safe.

Regards,

Pol
I didn't know that. :?I don't hang out at the beer joints, since i don't like beer.