• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cleveland Open Carry Walk April 10th See Details!

imported post

In response to the False Arrest of Greg Llewellyn, and the less than favorable outcome in his case, an open carry walk/protest/sign wave has been organized for Friday April 10th @ 11:00 am across the street from the Justice Center in Cleveland. We will meet in the West Coast District - West 3rd Street Parking Lot (North of Alfred Lerner Way - Just West of Brown's Stadium). We will meet together in the Parking Lot and walk to the Justice Center which is at Lakeside and Ontario. For maximum impact It is very important that as many people attend this event as possible.

Directions: Take I-90 to Route 2, Get off at the West 6th exit, Go North on West 6th, Pass Alfred Lerner Way and the Parking Lot will be on your left hand side across the street from Brown's Stadium, go down the hill and we will meet at the lower level of the parking lot. All day parking is $1.75.

For additional questions contact Joseph Ponikvar (850) 294-3287.

IxionDeece

imported post

I only wish I could make it. I would love to but Cleveland is like a 4 or 5 hour drive for me. Unless I can catch a ride, then all I can do is wish yall good luck.

IxionDeece

imported post

Ok so I looked it up and it is a 3 and a half hour drive. Is anyone going that lives within an hour of Piqua? If there is would I be able to catch a ride with someone?

imported post

Earlier today my job asked me if I wanted to work Friday and without thinking I said yes. A couple of hours later I realized that I had this walk to go to and I asked to be taken off of the schedule and they said I would get penalized for not showing up. So it looks like I won't be able to attend this event. Would someone be willing to assume the organizer role Friday? I want this walk to still happen. I am sorry for the late notice.

imported post

I am going to reschedule this event for late May on a Saturday when it's warmer and not raining. This walk has generated a lot of interest and I am confident a good number of people will show up.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

freedom_fighter777@hotmail.com wrote:
In response to the False Arrest of Greg Llewellyn, and the less than favorable outcome in his case, an open carry walk/protest/sign wave has been organized for Friday April 10th @ 11:00 am across the street from the Justice Center in Cleveland...
I see the walk has been delayed until late May, but weren't you (and might you still be) jumping the gun in scheduling the walk?

The last I read, the disposition of the Llewellyn case was anything but clear.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

freedom_fighter777@hotmail.com wrote:
The fact that he was arrested is enough of a reason to have a walk.
In my heart, I agree with you, but in my head (and in my experience), it is short-sighted to have a walk while the case is (it seems) still ongoing.

Is it definitive that thecase has reached an end? If so, can you provide a link?

imported post

This has nothing to do with a "personal feud". Greg Llewellyn is no longer a part of my life. I would prefer never to hear from him again, but you provided him with the IP address my friend posted from. This guy is an army deserter (we know this because his grandfather came to my parents house and told stated that they were trying to find him), and the reason three people called 911 on him is because they were aware of his intent.

The Cleveland police were aware of the issues that had occured, having just days before assisted him in breaking into my house, and assisted me in reposessing his car, and they had officers watching him. His intent was to threaten and intimidate. And that is pretty much that. It's neither unsubstantiated or unsupported. The evidence is far more than overwhelming. This is the real reason he took the plea.

I support open carry, and I support concealed carry. My father is a marksman, and my brother is a Marine. I am a felon, and will never be able to carry. I am a victim because as a felon it is difficult to protect myself from Mr. Llewellyn. Mr. Llewellyn has made me into a victim. I feel it incumbent upon me to bring out the truth regarding his actions.

Greg Llewellyn is not someone who should be open carrying, concealed carrying, working in law enforcement, or anything else. He is a psychopath who lives in a fantasy world that he has manufactured. He is certainly not someone who should have page after page of website forums dedicated to his support.

EDITED BY MODERATOR
--------------------------

Keep personal feuds off the forum.

Thread locked.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

interestedpartyincleve wrote:
Mr. Llewellyn created a very compelling story which many people believed, but it was absolutely false, and this is known to the judge and the prosecution in his case...
Very interesting, but also unsubstantiated.

Perhaps you should post your "information" in a new thread on the OC forum on Ohioans For Concealed Carry - where the original thread(below) was locked.

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22441&start=0