Thread: Cleaned out the local WalMart on 9mm

Post imported post

My wife and I stopped by Walmart to get a few things. I checked the ammo case and there it was, one single solitary box of 50 Blazer Brass FMJ 9mm.

I bought it.

In discussing the ammo shortage with the person working the counter, she said that the reason they were low on ammo was that the manufacturers were not shipping any to their warehouses, and thus the warehouses couldn't ship what they don't have.

This brings up the question, Where are they shipping the ammo, if not to the retailer warehouses? They haven't shut down the ammo factories, so the ammo has to be going somewhere.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

I dunno but 40 cal is in ample supply. Maybe the Mexican drug cartels and terrorists and whatever other enemies the government may be waging war on tends not to like the same ammo that most law enforcement uses.

Post imported post

45ACP is out at walmart too, i keep forgetting to do the layaway plan to garantee some rounds. I went to Big 5 and the 230grain was 32$ for 50 rounds.

Post imported post

well most of the factories changed the dies and are shipping it to the military for the upcoming invasion on afghanistan, along with the AR-15 factories. They changed the dies and presses also. we are doing it to ourselves....time to start reloading guys....if you can even find powder and bullets.

Post imported post

i was lucky to find 9mm at wallmart last week. 3 boxes. i only bought 2 boxes of 50 so someone else could have a box.

Post imported post

Military and law enforcement get dibs then we get whats left. I know that here 9mm is hard to find and when you do you pay through the nose for it.

Post imported post

for handgun ammo i found a very reliable guy who reloads and has been for 30+ years. i havent had a single ammo problem in the handguns......the .223 is a different story.... i absolutely LOVE trying to fish rounds out of my AR15..

edit- its the ammo dump in sacramento

Post imported post

edit- its the ammo dump in sacramento
    There's an ammo dump in Sac?